keyboard piano attribution

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I need to know how to attribuate the keyboard azerty to the piano in lmms.

thank you
darkiller wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the forum darkiller! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Do you mean how to connect a MIDI-keyboard?
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI
If thats not it try to write in your own language
I think darkiller means the computer keyboard (qwerty keyboard in English, azerty is for some French speakers).

If you open the piano roll for an instrument the computer keyboard will play notes. See https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Pi ... r_Keyboard for the qwerty version

I don't know what notes play with different layouts or if it is possible to remap them.

Steve
I'm having trouble getting A-G using that picture, or if your a beginner user, 1-7?
The names on the keys such as c4 and d4 are confusing? using version 1.1.0. 32-bit
is it the letters q,w,e,r,t,y,u? The reason this is confusing is because o and p go higher. Is there a xml or config file to remap the keys?

Have looked over the wiki documentation but didn't help.
Thanks in advance
C4 and D4 just mean the note C or D in a particular octave. On an English keyboard the keys map to notes Q=C, W=D, E=E, R=F, T=G, Y=A, U=B then I=C5 (C again but higher), P=D5 etc. The mapping is similar again on the bottom row but an octave down so Z=C3 (C note but lower than the C on the Q key), X=D, C=E, V=F etc. So if you really want to play A to G notes then start on N then M, then QWERT.

The reason they're set up that way is because, just like on a piano keyboard, it's most common to think of octaves/notes going from C to C rather than A to A. Music is strange that way.

But the easiest way to see exactly which notes are where on your keyboard is simply to open piano roll on an instrument e.g. Triple Osc, hit record then press all the keys in order and look what notes are recorded ;).

Steve
I came up with more ideas using external software to remap the keys.

2. Autohotkey looks like it can enable you to temporarily remap keys by use of a script. You could run this program when you run lmms.

recoment to create a system restore point, or backup data before making changes to your system, such as editing midi devices/ installing software.

VMPK on pc keyboard as midi controller for windows HOWTO
1. Another more difficult way is to have the free software Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard be used as a MIDI controller, and remap the keys, possibly for a virtual midi controller before you run LMMS. It doesn't support key modifiers for notes such as Alt+S

VMPK (using 0.62) has other computer keyboard layouts... such as one listed with azerty

Had tried other methods to get it to work but finally was able to use loopbe1 as an internal something or other going out of vmpk and then into lmms. Free for personal use or 30 day trial for pro use.

At first I got the vmpk to show on the lmms loudness sound volume graph. by rightclick a gear on the triple oscillator

Then on lmms to the right of the the play record buttons, it has a record notes from midi.

darkiller wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am
Hello,

thank you