fx-mixer, effects chain copyright ?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
hello all !!

this isn't so much of a problem, but more of a question about lmms. i've been using lmms quite some time to make music, and i pretty much always tend to use the effects chain in the fx-mixer window.

i noticed though that some of the effects have a little descriptions, and included in them are things like name, file, maker, and copyright. i was wondering, is it wrong for me to use these effects since it seems they're copyrighted under someone ? do i need to give credit for something ?

i assumed that all things included in lmms would be free to use for anything really, including commercially, so if someone could explain that'd be great ~
If you're talking about the effects, that come bundled with Lmms, you can use them freely in your songs
made with Lmms, to your hearts content. :)

Also, welcome to the forums rigning. :)
rigning wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm
hello all !!
Hi! Welcome to the forum rigning ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
is it wrong for me to use these effects since it seems they're copyrighted under someone ? do i need to give credit for something ?
No you may use everything, but you may not redistribute
What this mean:
Don't relicense anything from lmms library as your own

So you are allowed to USE everything, but NOT allowed to make a zipped folder like "CoolStuffIFound" and distribute parts of the package in any fashion.
The license is GPL2
This question has been asked many times for the samples, but i believe its a first for the effects :'p
@brandystarbrite

ah h, okay, thanks so much for both the help and the welcome !! ;v;b

@musikbear

thank you for the welcome and the useful links !! it's nice to meet you ~

ah h, alrighty then, thanks for clearing that up so in depth. this all helps a lot !

thanks you guys !!