hooking up bluearp using lmms on linux

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Iv been spending the last three days trying to make bluearp work on lmms. It wont arpeggiate no matter what.

I get a random insturment like triple oscillator, then i go to effects tab and open up bluearp. The proram opens and I can see the gui with all the options but it doesnt make a sound.

When i turn down the wd tab it makes a sound but im not sure what that means.

Iv been playing around with the midi tab in the instrument, and think iv tried every combo of options for that but it still wont work.

Does anyone have clear instructions for how to make it work because iv looked everywhere and I cant find anything.
I think it's a more general problem. Arpeggiators and other MIDI effects won't work with LMMS because Bluearp (and similar effects) need to go in between the MIDI input and the instrument. The effects tab only puts things AFTER the instrument and only in the audio path. If there is any way of using MIDI effects I've never found it. Perhaps I've just missed it or perhaps it will arrive in a later release one day?

You can get some interesting arp effects using the Arpeggio on the FUNC tab but it's not nearly as useful as Bluearp because you're stuck with fixed chords/octaves.

Steve
klimlot wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 am
Iv been spending the last three days trying to make bluearp work on lmms. It wont arpeggiate no matter what.
Steve already told you the reason, but there are other ways.
Look at my tuts on how to make real chord-arpeggios,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBN6Hjom6S0
and also how to make delay-arpeggios
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_SQdvCzhhU

Besides that, since you are new here. Welcome to the forum klimlot! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Thanks for help guys.

SO what im getting is that its impossible right now to use a midi arpeggiator in lmms.

Since bass arpeggios are necessary for me, I guess ill need to make them manually then? Sounds like a real pain in the ass,

The built in func arpeggiator definitely wont cut it for me.