DSK VSTs 32 vs 64 bit

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

Just a few days in now and trying to get better sounds out of LMMS.

From the many videos on youtube I understand DSK VSTs have very good sounds.
I have tried those, but being on W7 with version 1.1.3 only the 64 bits ones work.
So people talk about jBridge, but the converted dlls sound horrible, and I don't think
that it is because I only used the demo.

I have not found any updated list of VST on 64 bit that work nicely with LMMS on windows.
Does such a list exist anywhere? Or should I go trial and error. I am looking for anyway
way to make decent epic orchestral music, so good strings, woods and brass is key for that.

Thanks in advance!
You're welcome!

Some DSK VSTs do not work very well in LMMS.

To avoid wasting time: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... t_VST_test

Personally, although they are interesting, I would not recommend using the following DSK due to the different problems that occur (I wasted a lot of time with those ...):
- DSK Analog Matrix,
- DSK BassZ,
- DSK Ethereal Padz,
- DSK Overture,
- DSK Strings

As for jBridge, I do not know.

Personally, I use 64bit versions when they are available. Otherwise, I use the 32bits versions, and it's fine too (even though I no longer use VST in my recent projects).
thanks for replying... I came across a youtube explanation
on how to use soundfonts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHcHruq4opg
for an orchestral setup

I will try and see if I can make that work...

I noticed the 32 bits vst remain in the background even after closing lmms

like the guy that did the tutorial above I did blender too, so I know the first weeks I will
feel uncomfortable untill things start to settle in and the things I produce start to have
some sparkle....
wmo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 pm
Hi,
Hi! Welcome to the forum wmo! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I noticed the 32 bits vst remain in the background even after closing lmms
:€ AUTch... Are you sure you did not have a crash, or terminated lmms from task-manager..?
If you will help
Please shut down the pc completely -not sleep! Restart and check task-manager. Then open lmms, and the project with the failing VST, play it once, and shut lmms down normally. If task-manager shows an instance of remoteVST.dll (memory-leak) -Please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* a screenshots of error-state (task-manager
* names and best download links of the failing vst's
musikbear wrote: Are you sure you did not have a crash, or terminated lmms from task-manager..?
I tried using a 32 bit VST again, and you are right, lmms crashes. You don't notice
until you try to do anything.

LMMS: 1.1.3
VST: DSK Overture (but none of the 32 bits VSTs of DSK work)
Error: ... not sure how to post a picture here, don't see any upload option, anyway
before and after crashing RemoteVstPlugin32.exe is using 25% CPU and stays as a task
untill killing it.

... i am not a professional programmer, but no stranger to computers
wmo wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 pm
I tried using a 32 bit VST again, and you are right, lmms crashes.
That will indeed create an orphan instance of RemoteVstPlugin32, and you do have to close that manually.
not sure how to post a picture here,
It is explained in the welcome-thread :)

Well bottomline here is, that you have no orphans, unless lmms crashes, and that is due to that DSK thingye. The use a lib, that does not go well with lmms, unfortunalely, but try Synth1, it is way better than DSKs, and there are a gazillion of free high Q presets online.
this community also make presets on requests, now and then :')