can't hear sound

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm on a mac os 10.10.2 with built in speakers and mic and I can't hear a thing. Have double checked to make sure my volume is up and went on youtube for the tutorial. Although tutorial was very informative i still can't hear a thing. Any suggestions?

i've also played around with the lmms-preferences-audio settings.
I'am unfamiliar with mac's OS. but check to see if, you have the right setting for your system.
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (26.16 KiB) Viewed 15224 times
i hope someone with MAC comes and solve this, but please tell us what version of lmms you have this issue with
Perhaps also some hardware information could benefit, but those are not simply obtained on MAC -right?
Settings, Audio, PortAudio, Core Audio, select your proper interface, restart LMMS. If you are using HDMI, turn the volume down with the slider or you could blast your speakers out :)

If that doesn't work, upload a screenshot. (Apple + Shift + 4)

I assume you aren't running any middleware like SoundflowerBed, right?

Attachments

I found a way to make it work, perhaps it might work for you;

I went to the contents of LMMS in my file browser. Once in, I went into the frameworks folder and created a new Plain Text document with the end tag .lmms.xml and saved it. *You can name it anything you want, just make sure it has the previously mentioned end tag* Also, make sure that it doesn't change the document to any other type except .xml. After this, open LMMS, change the audio output to the correct setting, and restart it.

Doing this worked for me, and I can now finally hear the sound! I think the main problem with not being able to hear the sound is that LMMS doesn't always create the proper sound output document, so it automatically switches to the Dummy sound settings.

Hope this helps!
jaymenaz wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 pm

I went to the contents of LMMS in my file browser. Once in, I went into the frameworks folder and created a new Plain Text document with the end tag .lmms.xml and saved it. *You can name it anything you want, just make sure it has the previously mentioned end tag* Also, make sure that it doesn't change the document to any other type except .xml. After this, open LMMS, change the audio output to the correct setting, and restart it.

Doing this worked for me, and I can now finally hear the sound! I think the main problem with not being able to hear the sound is that LMMS doesn't always create the proper sound output document, so it automatically switches to the Dummy sound settings.

Hope this helps!
Wait,......that technique works for mac too? :o
jaymenaz wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 pm
That good to know. What you do is a different and awfull error prone variant of the method described in our wiki. It is the same substitution, but that overwrite thing is chilling

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum jaymenaz ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
brandystarbrite wrote: Wait,......that technique works for mac too?
Not 'too' because this would not work in windows!
Windows will not let you make a new file with a name of an existing file! Im kind of gumsmacked that it works in any type of OS -Essentially what you do is to destroy an existing file, without any warning -Thats insane!
Awful error prone :€