Sound cracks all the time, Completely solved, see 3rd post

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Using Win 10 64-bit. Sound is cracking and popping and everything is sounding like transformers. This is regardless of which setting of the sound card and buffers. And it occurs in both stable and beta.

I accidentally found out that if I open Chrome and goes to the YouTube - page. The sound is now perfect in LMMS.
You don't even have to start a video in YouTube, just being on the main page is enough.

How come?
epoxxy wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm
Using Win 10 64-bit
:
regardless of which setting of the sound card and buffers. And it occurs in both stable and beta.
Done your home-work, good
I accidentally found out that if I open Chrome and goes to the YouTube - page. The sound is now perfect in LMMS.
My guess is that you have slept your pc instead of closing it properly. That could result in a orphan sound-resourse in ram, that interfere with SDL in lmms. When you are on chrome, this 'orphan' is ignored.
That is the only guess i care to make
Do close the pc completely, let it rest 5 mins, reboot.
Always use SDL on all windows versions

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum epoxxy ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
HAH! SOLVED!

The ONE thing I missed was to try the SDL! I just fiddled around with all thinkable settings with PortAudio.

With SDL it works perfect!
Congratz :)