Gltich causing Automation Tracks to forget their connections

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
For what I can assure you is a very good reason, I am automating whether an automation track is muted.

When I leave the project and come back, the automation track muting other automation tracks loses all its connections. So, it isn't connected to them anymore.

This should probably be fixed, so I don't have to Ctrl+Drag something a trillion times every time I open the project.

Has anybody else had problems with this? :(
Yes, from time to time my track automations lose their connections :cry:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:16 pm
I did some experimentation, and it turns out that they lose their connections when trying to mute any kind of track, not just automation tracks. :cry:
Douglas wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:16 pm
I did some experimentation, and it turns out that they lose their connections when trying to mute any kind of track, not just automation tracks. :cry:
I did not notice that (on LMMS 1.1.3)

The loss of connection automation tracks often happen when I automate the led on / off. In other cases, I did not pay attention.
(Why would u need to automate an automation track?)

I haven't had that problem, but is there another Automation track/Controller that might be clashing with the first Automation?
GingkathFox wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 am

I haven't had that problem, but is there another Automation track/Controller that might be clashing with the first Automation?
No. And automating an automation track should cause no problems, unless it's automating itself... but in that case it would just mute itself and become ineffective.

It's a glitch. :|
Douglas wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 am
GingkathFox wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 am

No. And automating an automation track should cause no problems, unless it's automating itself... but in that case it would just mute itself and become ineffective.

It's a glitch. :|
Stupid glitch :|
I'll try to find the glitch and fix it, but that's if i know the programming language that Windows uses.
Its a known issue. It was not in 1.1.3. Its a real bug in PR.
It will be fixed.
These are the issues you need to accept, if you use PRs for real work. There at several more, but current PR also have several fixes of 1.1.3 issues, so it is a question of cost%benefits

GingkathFox wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 am
if i know the programming language that Windows uses.
It is c++ with Qt5
musikbear wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:58 pm
Its a known issue. It was not in 1.1.3. Its a real bug in PR.
It will be fixed.
These are the issues you need to accept, if you use PRs for real work. There at several more, but current PR also have several fixes of 1.1.3 issues, so it is a question of cost%benefits
What is PR?
Douglas wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:23 pm
What is PR?
Pre Releases