How to get VSTs working?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So I have put my .so file in the VST folder and I have set lmms to look in there for VSTs, but I don't think it can find it? So how can I get the VST to work with lmms?
Can you tell us the vst? So we can try it ourselfs?

And are you on Linux ?

If I understand the question right, youre asking how to use a native Linux vst in lmms ?
Sol33t303 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am
So how can I get the VST to work with lmms?

please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms sound device chosen
* a screenshots of error-state -if any oddness appear
* names and best download links of the failing vst's

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum Sol33t303 ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Sol33t303 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am
So how can I get the VST to work with lmms?

please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms sound device chosen
* a screenshots of error-state -if any oddness appear
* names and best download links of the failing vst's

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum Sol33t303 ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Gps wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:18 pm
Can you tell us the vst? So we can try it ourselfs?

And are you on Linux ?

If I understand the question right, youre asking how to use a native Linux vst in lmms ?
Thanks for helping and thanks for the welcoming :)
My OS is Fedora 26
LMMS version is 1.1.3
I7-6700k CPU, 8GB 3000mhz RAM, Maximuss VIII Hero Alpha Motherboard, Supreme FX 2015 is the integrated sound card (it's basically the same thing as an ALC 1150 from what I've heard with some extra software)
2.9 ms
lmms is going through pulseaudio out my Digital-out port into a base station which then wirelessly transmits it to my Elite 800 headset
There isn't any error, it just simply can't find it
I'm trying to use the Dexed vst. Here is a download link https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/releas ... .3-lnx.zip

This is my first time trying to make music and I'm still a rather new Linux user so it's possible that I could just be doing something wrong.
Sol33t303 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 pm
I'm trying to use the Dexed vst.
Ok that will be next step -For now You should try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy it to your folder. -Eg NO installation! Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win

Test that, because if you still have issues, we need to look at WINE etc, but first do that minimal sanity test.
(..and please read about refining quotes.. Also Here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
:'p