Translate the lmms.io wiki

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi! I do not know if this topic goes here, if not, I apologize.
I want to participate in translating the content of the lmms.io wiki into the Spanish language, but I do not know how. Can you help me?
rjoshua7ille wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:08 am
I want to participate in translating the content of the lmms.io wiki into the Spanish
I would actually think that the easiest way would be to use google translate on the current english version, and then go over this (most likely horrible) 'translation' with your own knowledge of spanish.
But there are some irritating things.
1) The wiki is not up to date.
Several of the articles in wiki, is not describing the newest version of LMMS. It would be somewhat futile to translate those into new languages

2) The imagery is also not updated, and there ought to be more images. This is a minor, in respect to translations, but again -an issue.

3) There is a general agreement, that english is the main language for the project. Most things on the internet is..
The problem with translations, are that they may get something 'wrong', and misunderstandings like those, can be troublesome.
I highly appreciate that you want to participate, but writing technical documentation, for something that is brand new for yourself, is daunting and errorprone. You really need long usage-time, and expert insight, to do that.

4 Finally -the wiki is to be shellfed, in favour of a .HLP file or a pdf-user-manual. This is however not scheduled yet.
oh I understand, there are many reasons against, and I admit that I do not have much experience, hehe. But in any case thank you very much for responding. I will be using google translate.