LV2 plugins in LMMS with CARLA

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
drownthepoor wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Does anyone have a solid plan to troubleshoot this issue?
Afraid not, i do however noticed that you say you are using KXstudio LMMS.
That is no longer recommended.
Now we recommend the App-Image from our own page:
AppImage on the Linux-tab!
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... 4.AppImage
Rem. to backup before you reinstall!
Let us know the outcome :)
musikbear wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:48 pm
drownthepoor wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Does anyone have a solid plan to troubleshoot this issue?
Afraid not, i do however noticed that you say you are using KXstudio LMMS.
That is no longer recommended.
Now we recommend the App-Image from our own page:
AppImage on the Linux-tab!
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... 4.AppImage
Rem. to backup before you reinstall!
Let us know the outcome :)
Is it possible to achieve Carla inside of the Appimage?
I did use the Appimage version at one point on Arch Linux, but I may have moved from it because of something missing.
I would love that too, and or an appimage version of Carla.

Although Carla shows for me in LMMS ( on opensuse ) its not working 100%, it can't load vst, and I found out why.
The openSUSE Carla package is not compiled with vst support. :(

I am looking into compiling Carla my self, but had many issues before while trying to compile Carla myself.

Maybe I should email the Carla dev, and ask nicely. :)

He is a great guy, and tried to help me with compiling Carla myself, but it failed anyway.
Mostly because I am a just a simple linux user.

Edit: I mailed him, now lets wait for his answer. :)
Email below.

Hi XXXXX
Could you make an appimage file of Carla ? Or include Carla into the LMMS appimage package?


Speaking just for my self, Carla shows in LMMS, but I can't load vst.
After talking to the openSUSE guys I found out why. Carla from openSUSE is not compiled with vst ( wine? ) support.


I love Linux (openSUSE) but those guys know little to nothing about lmms and Carla.
This is causing allot of issues for us simple users.

The openSUSE carla maintainer has stopped maintaining the openSUSE package. ( not enough time )
He was surprised Carla should be able to load vst.....

So I decided to ask you, because the only other option I have is to compile Carla myself.

I can imagine you don't having time for this too, but why not ask?

Regards Guus
Gps wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 am
How ...
drownthepoor wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Is it possible to achieve Carla inside of the Appimage?
Here you reached the limit of my knogleged (very limited in respect to Linux... )
I hope some one like Gps or zonkmashine chimes in..

------------------
Great stuff Gus!
You beat me to the post-button :D
musikbear wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:55 pm
drownthepoor wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Is it possible to achieve Carla inside of the Appimage?
I hope some one like Gps or zonkmashine chimes in..
@drownthepoor Yes it should be dooable. You need to install Carla separately but the AppImage should find it.
zonkmachine wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:15 pm
musikbear wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:55 pm
drownthepoor wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Is it possible to achieve Carla inside of the Appimage?
I hope some one like Gps or zonkmashine chimes in..
@drownthepoor Yes it should be dooable. You need to install Carla separately but the AppImage should find it.
I can confirm, because carla shows in lmms for me in the appimage rc 7 and 8 version. (openSUSE)

I am having some issues though, but that's related to the Carla openSUSE version.
Its not compiled for vst support ( probably wine ).

The problem I see, is that the package builders, not just the opensuse ones, don't really know lmms nor Carla.
The lmms part is solved for me with the appimage though. :)
Installing the appimage version alongside my repo version shouldn't do any harm right? The last change cost me BOTH Carla and VeSTige. Just getting VeSTige back consumed a lot of my time, so I dread even tampering with these packages.
So I'm happy to report I installed the Appimage, and I have gotten Carla plugs back!.
However, my VeSTige plugs GUI windows aren't rendering properly now, and I know I'm not using the default theme but it happens with the default theme as well.


Image
I don't know if this would warrant a new post, but is it possible to add Carla as an effect? It's not by default but could you configure LMMS in some way where you could use LV2 plugins as an effect through Carla. I'm using Linux Mint, I assume it would require some configuration of setting files (if it would even work in the first place), but I have no idea where to find the relevant setting files.

And out of interest are there plans to add native LMMS support for LV2 and what version would have this feature?
Rakso wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:13 pm
And out of interest are there plans to add native LMMS support for LV2 and what version would have this feature?
Work is under way and the target version is lmms-1.3
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/pull/4899

Who is online

In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 173 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests