LMMS on winxp sp3 working with portaudio 32bit & asio4all

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
https://ufile.io/ifgnc I downloaded this file somewhere on the/this forum switched it with the original portaudio, finally lmms 1.1.3 started up, after some changes, I managed to get it working. though while listening to the beats, it sounds littlebit disturbed, but when you export it, it sounds perfect. I can live with that. I can't find the thread anymore, with the 32bit portaudio special file, so I uploaded it myself, its not backdoored or something, its the exact same file as I downloaded myself. Luckily after system restore, it was still there, and now my lmms 1.1.3 runs on win xp sp3, I'm so happy. This program rocks, wondering if the 1.20 rc4 beta runs, with this 32bit thingy.

For the disturbed sound, I just did a float surpress at my soundcard.

I mean: "noise suppression"
post_id=50825 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 pm
https://ufile.io/ifgnc I downloaded this file somewhere on the/this forum switched it with the original portaudio, finally lmms 1.1.3 started up, after some changes
That is fine, but the correct audio-backend for winXP is not asio, it is SDL!
The issue with asio is, IF you get a freeze, asio will emediately result in a BSOD! and a really nasty one of the kind...
You will get a 'recover from serious-error' at next boot and there are stuff that is being piled up in the windows log-file
I really recommend you to use SDL!

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum blackalpha ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
how can I switch to SDL then? ;) .. Hi lmms really kickass software

So basically youre talking about this blue screen shit, i switched to sdl in the options, but wondering why theres this incase scenario wriet down thingy, where you can type something in. without that bitaudioportlib32bit i should not have get it to run, to thanks for you guys for the posting, with not the actual problem, but got my dualcore winxp machine runnnig the lmms finally, im so happy.
blackalpha wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:44 am
how can I switch to SDL then? ;) ..
Within LMMS via Edit > Configuration > Audio configuration > Audio Interface