vst changes lost on opening

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

Every time I load a project, all the changes made to vst settings are lost. Any presets I've saved aren't loaded as they were when I saved the project. I've tested this with FB-3100 and nabla.
I'm using LMMS 1.2.0.rc4 because the 1.1.3 versions doesn't have vsts working.

Anyone encountered a fix for this? Many thanks
Deanodirector wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:19 am
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the forum Deanodirector ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I'm using LMMS 1.2.0.rc4 because the 1.1.3 versions doesn't have vsts working.
That is not true :) unless you are on a MAC. VST does not work on MAC!
Any presets I've saved aren't loaded as they were when I saved the project. I've tested this with FB-3100 and nabla.
:
Anyone encountered a fix for this? Many thanks
Yes, but its not really a 'solution', at leat not for your 'nabla' vst.
Lmms supports a multitude of VSTs,
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Tested_VSTs
but some are not supported.
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Tes ... o_NOT_work
Yours are not on the list, but i will so some tests -and add it, if it fails to work.
We use a test
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wor ... t_VST_test
And before adding a VST to a project, we recommend to test the VST that way.
Can you offer me a download link for the failing VST?

Basic VST test try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy it to your folder. -Eg NO installation! Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win

If that fails, you have a different issue :) -and we then need to solve that.
Hi, thanks for the response. I just meant that 1.1.3 doesn't have vst working out of the box on my distro (arch).

The same problem persists with mda-piano (I also noticed that FB3100 is on the working list).

Lmms selects the correct preset (compressed piano) for the vst on loading but any changes made to the dials (hardness) are reset to the preset on loading. Since mda-piano is on the working list I guess that this is a problem specific to me? Where should I go from here? Should I revert to 1.1.3 and try to get vsts working on that? many thanks
Hi, this actually appears to only happen with some vsts. FB3200 seems to load as I left it but FB3100 does not...
...and now it seems to be fixed in the latest version of the vst.
Deanodirector wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm
...and now it seems to be fixed in the latest version of the vst.
Fine !
Can i mark this as solved? Or do you still have problems ?
This is driving me mad! sometimes changes are saved, sometimes it resets! How on earth do I figure out why? it seems to be happening ramdomly
Deanodirector wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:32 pm
This is driving me mad! sometimes changes are saved, sometimes it resets! How on earth do I figure out why? it seems to be happening ramdomly
The same happens to me, also with several "green labelled" VSTis, like DSK ElectriKGruitarZ (Ubuntu Xenial, Wine 3.0, LMMS 1.2-RC5). Sometimes the settings are saved, sometimes not. It seems to be a general problem.

I was also close to madness, but short before I found out that keeping open the VeSTige and GUI window seems to prevent loosing config data on saving. Thus, I don't close the VeSTige and GUI window on saving. I'm not sure if it will work always. It seems to work in the most cases. But this shouldn't be the final solution.
Son of a Pitch wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:26 pm
The same happens to me
Not good, but lets see if we cant find the reason. But firstly Welcome to the forum Son of a Pitch! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
also with several "green labelled" VSTis, like DSK ElectriKGruitarZ
DSKs are tricky. many cant use them at all. I do not like that you have this issue in RC5, though
keeping open the VeSTige and GUI window seems to prevent loosing config data on saving.

Interesting, but it should not matter

Do you have Synth1
That is not only our 'proof-of-concept-synth' it is also one of the best you can get!
First get that- You will never regret it!
Obs that you need to install it!
You can find several videos on my youTube channel (link in signature) that addresses Synth1
http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
musikbear wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 pm
Do you have Synth1
I have it, I tested it and this VSTi didn't make these problems (as far as I experienced). So, this problem doesn't seem to be as general as I posted it ;-).

But anyway, the reason for the problem should be found. Therefore, I saved two theoretically identical minimalistic mmpz files (standard startup, one VSTi added and three notes, that's all). But one contains the bug, the other doesn't. Could be interesting for bug tracking, but how to upload?