VeStige isn't working

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
After having to many issues trying to get lmms with VSTs to run natively on Fedora, I decided to install KXStudios in VirtualBox (With some more trouble, though it had nothing to do with lmms, I was forced to upgrade to KXStudios from Ubuntu 14.04 due to when trying to boot KXStudios it wouldn't boot correctly after changing Desktop Environments), Now i'm still having issues running VSTs in lmms, VeStige appears to be working, it opens normally, however when I try to open any of my VSTs it says "The VST plugin (Directory) could not load for some reason". I tried it with Synth1 and the same error occurs, what could be the cause/s and what are the solutions? I would think this should be working as it's a completely new KXStudios install. (I won't be able to respond to replies for a few days, so i'll read everything then and reply).
Sol33t303 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am
"The VST plugin (Directory) could not load for some reason". I tried it with Synth1 and the same error occurs,
Have you installed WINE?
Here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _with_WINE
You can find hints to different distros and different WINE packs.
Let us know how it went
musikbear wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:36 pm
Sol33t303 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am
"The VST plugin (Directory) could not load for some reason". I tried it with Synth1 and the same error occurs,
Have you installed WINE?
Here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _with_WINE
You can find hints to different distros and different WINE packs.
Let us know how it went
Sorry for taking more than a few days, something happened. But yeah, I just double checked that WINE is installed and it is.
Sol33t303 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 am
Sorry for taking more than a few days, something happened. But yeah, I just double checked that WINE is installed and it is.
Ok so WINE is installed, but what about the extended ?
Did you read the section

Building LMMS x64 on Fedora
"Users has reported the need for extended wine-packages.....> "

The issues are with different distros, and WINE, and there are not a lot i can do, because the issue is installation-specific.
KX-studio is the most success full package ..
Try that WINE-extention
Remember that the correct and working WINE must be installed before you install lmms, so before working on WINE, you should un-install current lmms!
Then install wine + extension for fedora, and then a new KX-lmms pack

(who said linux was simple....
I might have said Linux is easy, but when it comes to vst and lmms , it seems a nightmare.

I can only guess it has to do with wine. ( and the package builders not knowing LMMS )

I had to help the package builder of opensuse ( the Linux I am on) a bit with feedback about lmms.

They admitted not really knowing lmms, nor having the time to test every program in detail.
So the check if a program starts, and when it does they are done.

Then they need users like me to tell them if its not working fully.

I seriously wonder though if installing lmms in a virtual machine is a good idea.

So stay with fedora and ask help on fedora forums, or install kx studio, some were the normal way.

Best place to ask for help with KX studio:

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=47
musikbear wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm
Sol33t303 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 am
Ok so WINE is installed, but what about the extended ?
Did you read the section

Building LMMS x64 on Fedora
"Users has reported the need for extended wine-packages.....> "

The issues are with different distros, and WINE, and there are not a lot i can do, because the issue is installation-specific.
KX-studio is the most success full package ..
Try that WINE-extention
Remember that the correct and working WINE must be installed before you install lmms, so before working on WINE, you should un-install current lmms!
Then install wine + extension for fedora, and then a new KX-lmms pack

(who said linux was simple....
I upgraded from Ubuntu 14.04 from within the VM and i'm doing everything from within the VM, so shouldn't that not be required? It should work the same as if it were installed on Ubuntu 14.04 (from what I can tell, all upgrading to KXStudios did was add in the correct repos and install some programs, as everything still refers to it as Ubuntu, such as acreenfetch).
Gps wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:25 pm
I might have said Linux is easy, but when it comes to vst and lmms , it seems a nightmare.

I can only guess it has to do with wine. ( and the package builders not knowing LMMS )

I had to help the package builder of opensuse ( the Linux I am on) a bit with feedback about lmms.

They admitted not really knowing lmms, nor having the time to test every program in detail.
So the check if a program starts, and when it does they are done.

Then they need users like me to tell them if its not working fully.

I seriously wonder though if installing lmms in a virtual machine is a good idea.

So stay with fedora and ask help on fedora forums, or install kx studio, some were the normal way.

Best place to ask for help with KX studio:

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=47
Installing lmms in a VM shouldn't affect usage if you have a powerful enough PC with enough RAM (which I do) and from what I know doing that shouldn't affect the audio quality in any way, so I don't see any problem with running lmms in a VM. I'll go ask on the Linux musicians to see if they can help.
Hmm... I have trouble about add vst plugins. I have installed wine, add kxstudio repository, lmms-vst-full, but i can't add vst-plugins. At first, i could add vst plugins, but only 32 bit .dll. So i installed, uninstalled again and again lmms and wine, purge the kxstudio repository and so on, and now i can't add vst 32 bit and 64 bit. So can you predict the real problems here?

Thank you for the assistance.

I'm using KDE Neon dev stable 64 bit, and i hope i can install lmms fully in real hardware (not VM). Sorry for bad english
If you're using a vm, you're adding a layer were things can go wrong.

For programs that are far from simple like lmms, it does not sound like a good idea.

I can't code but heard from somebody who can, and who had looked at the lmms code, that its a complicated thing.

I hope you get it working, and just saw you asked for help on the kx studio section forum.
falkTX wrote:wine stuff is not installed by default on kxstudio.
for lmms you need to install lmms-vst-full package, or better, install kxstudio-meta-wine to get all regarding wine and audio (wineasio, festige, dssi-vst, carla win bridges and lmms vst)
Gps wrote: If you're using a vm, you're adding a layer were things can go wrong.

For programs that are far from simple like lmms, it does not sound like a good idea.

I can't code but heard from somebody who can, and who had looked at the lmms code, that its a complicated thing.

I hope you get it working, and just saw you asked for help on the kx studio section forum.
falkTX wrote:wine stuff is not installed by default on kxstudio.
for lmms you need to install lmms-vst-full package, or better, install kxstudio-meta-wine to get all regarding wine and audio (wineasio, festige, dssi-vst, carla win bridges and lmms vst)
Wuah, thank you brother. I will try this and install it