help with sound quality

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!

Whenever I make music, I will usually use my earbuds because they are less bulky so i can work on the road. (i don't drive, if that confused you) the issue is, I also have a better set of headphones that seem to have better quality, and they both sound much different with the song I am producing right now.

When I adjust the music to suit the headphones, it ruins the feel of the earbuds, and vice versa.
Is there something I can do to make it sound better on both?

Also, what settings should I use hen I export to get the best .wav sound quality?

Thanks,
Mickey
You could look at the technical specifications of your earbuds and headphones, the restitution difference would come from there.

This is only my point of view:

If, for some reason, you work more with earbuds / headphones than with speakers, I think the choice between earbuds and headphones:

- does not matter when you work with elements such as melody, rhythm, structure, etc.

- is important when working on mixing elements, such as volume management, EQ, etc. To work on volume or EQ management, one should prefer between earbuds and headphones the one of better quality, the one that can restore the broadest frequency spectrum with a flatter frequency response curve.

On the other hand,

- As long as you work in mono (what comes out of the left channel is the same as what comes out of the right channel), as long as you do not introduce stereo (what comes out of the left channel is different from what comes out of the right channel), you can work with your earbuds and headphones.

- But as soon as you introduce stereo, as soon as you introduce a difference between your two channels (e.g. with pan, wide reverb, phaser, etc.), the ideal is to work with speakers (so that each of your ears can hear what comes from each of your speakers) rather than earbuds and headphones.
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 am
Whenever I make music, I will usually use my earbuds
I would advise against that.
Use speakers and calibrate them to a sound-output that is natual, for that you can use an other persons voice not your own, because we do not know how our own voices really sound like! (due to cranial build resonance morphology and a lot of whatnuts...)
Your problem is caused by head-gear manufactures.
Most of that is 'tempered' to styles, or has 'enhanced' bass-areas and a lot of other C R A P, that actually makes more problems, than benefits.
You need studio-gear (VERY V E R Y expensive!) quality, in order to trust head-gear at all
Bottom line:
Do not produce through head-gear 'stuff'
"Do not produce through head-gear 'stuff' "
so you're saying i should use my speakers instead of my headphones?
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:43 pm
"Do not produce through head-gear 'stuff' "
so you're saying i should use my speakers instead of my headphones?
Yes, and that's what is generally advised by most people, amateurs and professionals, but well, as you seem to be working on the road ... the bulk of the composition and part of the mix can be done with earbuds/headphones. And after that, you can finalize the mix and make some corrections (e.g. on the sound desing) in better conditions, with speakers.