Uhhh, not another 32Bit / 64Bit conversation :)

A friend and I were discussing the possibility of trying to go all 64Bit free VSTs, but both came to the conclusion that as far as free effects go it can probably be done (although man you would have to leave many great classics behind) but as far as free VST instruments it becomes a little more of a challenge, although still possible.

Concept of trying to use both 32Bit and 64Bit plugins...
(This question would probably be needed to be answered by people involved with coding LMMS)
Him and I ran some tests in another program and found that 64Bit plugin versions offer a little less CPU usage than their 32Bit versions, but if you have to use a 32Bit bridge for a 32Bit plugin (that does not have a 64Bit version) then that plugin will use more CPU power than if it was run in 32Bit DAW.
So basically the benefit you gain from 64Bit gets taken up by any 32Bit plugins used.

Does the way that 64Bit LMMS bridges 32Bit effects and instruments produce the same canceling results or does LMMS handle bridging of 32Bit effects and instruments differently?
I ask this because it appears to me that Vestige is a kind of wrapper needed for no matter what version of LMMS you use.

Sorry for the question but I am still trying to find some kind of purpose for 64Bit other than more access to memory which doesn't mean anything to me.

Thank you for any help