How to record with sustain button midi keyboard?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
On the instrument plugin MIDI tab I tried 63 80 and 90 also in the keyboard. Still no recording.

With Zynaddsubfx happens the same as 3osc also not recording anything.

Wich VST want me to try?
s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 pm
On the instrument plugin MIDI tab I tried 63 80 and 90 also in the keyboard. Still no recording.

With Zynaddsubfx happens the same as 3osc also not recording anything.

Wich VST want me to try?
Synth1 is somewhat of a standard synth around here: http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/
Latest stable version is 1.12: http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/soft ... h1V112.zip

I don't know what else to test. It feels more and more like a proper bug. What other software apart from lmms have you used your keyboard with?
The Synth1 happens the same as 3osc.

I just tried Ableton 9 lite and it record with sustain!, but I prefer to use LMMS :< sadly doesn't record with sustain, the only thing is record a melody then hit the sustain and export it but....you know, is not the same.
Did you have any earlier versions of lmms installed before 1.2.0-rc4 ?

I've bumped our Discord chat with this issue and hopefully someone will respond.
I've used to have the 1.1.3 but I perfomed an uninstall before install the 1.2.0 RC4.

Thank you for your interest, it is late for me, im going to sleep now. I probably connect tomorrow afternoon Spain hour.
I discovered how to make it work. Here are the steps using sf2, load a piano, then put input "keystation", then open the piano roll, then hit the sustain button, click on the record button and play some notes, then here is the thing, you don't have to stop the recording just hit the sustain button again and the notes will appear.
Hope someone find this useful.
(although with some vst and the default plugins of LMMS when I hit the sustain, the notes keeps sounding.)

Edit: I tried to load a sf2 saxophone with the sustain and the notes keeps sounding too. :(