How to record with sustain button midi keyboard?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I searched here in the forums, maybe its my fault for not knowing english very well. But I have this problem, so I have a midi keyboard (Keystation mini 32) wich have a button for the sustain, when I hit the sustain it works with the keys I press, but I am not enable to record anything. I'm using (windows 10 64bit home) and (LMMS 1.2.0 RC4).
s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:32 pm
I searched here in the forums, maybe its my fault for not knowing english very well. But I have this problem, so I have a midi keyboard (Keystation mini 32) wich have a button for the sustain, when I hit the sustain it works with the keys I press, but I am not enable to record anything. I'm using (windows 10 64bit home) and (LMMS 1.2.0 RC4).
We had issues earlier with recording sustain pedal but this should really work in rc4. I just tested it both with internal synths and with VST's and it still works.

Can you tell us a bit more about your audio and MIDI setup?
Edit->Settings->Audio Settings
Edit->Settings->MIDI
Hi.

Audio Settings: SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) and settings SDL device empty
MIDI: WinMM Midi
So recording notes without any sustain works flawlessly?
Can you describe step for step your actions when recording?
zonkmachine wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm
So recording notes without any sustain works flawlessly?
Can you describe step for step your actions when recording?
Yes to the first question.

I have a default template, everything clean for the instruments and 90 bpm all the other settings by default, I load a sf2 piano and then set up the input for the "keystation" then I open the piano roll, then I click the red button for record and play some keys and it works. But when I do the same exact procces with the sustain on, the triangle of the pianoroll is moving but no notes inside.
s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 pm
... But when I do the same exact procces with the sustain on, the triangle of the pianoroll is moving but no notes inside.
My test: When I add an SF2 , load a piano, hook it up to my Control-25 keyboard it both plays and records correct.

Maybe there are notes recorded in there but not in a place you'd expect? Zoom out in the Piano Roll and Scroll around a bit. We've seen notes hidden to the left, before time 0 when importing MIDI projects. In those cases selecting with Ctrl + A and shifting notes to the right would make them appear.
I zoomed out looking for notes, no notes to be found, and no segment was created. :(
s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm
I zoomed out looking for notes, no notes to be found, and no segment was created.
What if you add a note in the beginning so you have a segment there and then press rec?

Which version of FluidSynth are you using?
I assume you've tried other instruments like 3osc?
Hi again.

I don't know how to look the version of FluidSynth or what it is.

I tried 3osc and Organic with sustain and when I press a key it keeps sounding, I have to disable the sustain for the sound to stop.
s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 pm
I don't know how to look the version of FluidSynth or what it is.
No problem. FluidSynth is the external synth that is used underneath sf2. Mayabe it's embedded in the Windows version. I'll look into that.

:!: Idea. It could be that this has something to do with the MIDI velocity. You have settings for this on the Keystation. There is also settings for this in lmms. On the instrument plugin MIDI tab there is a setting in the bottom for base velocity. Can you flick that on and set it to something like 64 or higher?

s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 pm
I tried 3osc and Organic with sustain and when I press a key it keeps sounding, I have to disable the sustain for the sound to stop.
Some of the synths in LMMS are pure in-house stuff and some are based on other projects. 3osc and Organic are both pure lmms and sf2 is not. ZynAddSubFX is another external project that I would want you to try and then some VST if you have vestige working.