VeSTige on Win7 doesn't load anything

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello. I'm new to the forums and apart from getting help I would like to integrate into the forums sooner or later. So that's my "hi".

Onto the problem; I can't seem to be able to load any VST plugins in LMMS. Each time I do I get an error:
The VST-plugin [any plugin here] could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!
I have tried this with:
- DSK AkoustiK GuitarZ
- DSK Saxophones
- DVS Guitar
- Synth1 VST
- Synth1 VST64
and probably some more, but these are the ones that I've tried for sure, that are in my VST folder.

What I tried so far:
- Opening those files on 64bit version
- Opening those files on 32bit version
- Opening those files on 32bit but with Windows XP SP3 compatibility (and SP2)
- Opening those files on 32bit like above, but with program installed on other drive than C.
Also tries all above while running program as an admin and without admin permissions.

Basically, nothing is working and I don't have the slightest hint on how to fix this. I know it's an issue that has been worked around but I can't seem to find any clear and working solution. Is there any help for me?

I roll with:
LMMS 1.1.3
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel Core i7 processor @ 2,20GHz
8 GB RAM

[EDIT]
I have just discovered, that I actually CAN load some VST files, but from different drive. For some reason even if run LMMS with admin privileges, it still cannot load anything from system drive. It still doesn't load all vsts I've tried, but for example Synth 1 and SDV guitar work fine, so apparently my basic problem with mere loading vsts was tied to some access denial. I use ESET antivirus if that might be the case.
Mak wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 am
Hello. I'm new to the forums and apart from getting help I would like to integrate into the forums sooner or later. So that's my "hi".
Welcome to the forum Mak ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I can't seem to be able to load any VST plugins in LMMS.
:
I have tried this with () that are in my VST folder.
Not good, especially because you have obviously tackled the issue systematically and thorough..
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel Core i7 processor @ 2,20GHz
8 GB RAM
-and your hw is more than adequate

The only issue i can think of is with your directories and files
Do you use non-ISO-chars in file/folder-names?
You know 'umlauts' or accents æøå aso..
They can make read-errors and obstruct lmms from finding the correct directory, but why would that only be your vst-directory -That is the part i dont like in that idea...
What i like you to do is to backup your own stuff, then uninstall lmms completely, including the config dot-file:
Read:
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LMM ... h_Settings
After that, scan with regEdit for any mention of lmms, and remove
Now you have a clean slate..
The thing is that you now have 2 options:
DL a new 1.1.3 and install that
Hopefully, that would work.. But if it does not, then you have to do the whole uninstall mehe once more. Thats where option 2 comes in:
DL and install 1.2.0 RC4 with the orange buttons on dl-site:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe
either 32 as link or 64 -
Its our Releasecandidate, and it does have bugs!
However it also installs better, and have several new features, but it does have BUGS!
I mention both options, and leave it to you, if you want to go directly to RC or try 1.1.3 once more
Let us know if you still have problems
..and
test if VST works at all:
You should try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy it to your folder. -Eg NO installation! Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
Its kind of my proof-of-concept, in an easy way..
musikbear wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm
The only issue i can think of is with your directories and files
Do you use non-ISO-chars in file/folder-names?
You know 'umlauts' or accents æøå aso..
They can make read-errors and obstruct lmms from finding the correct directory, but why would that only be your vst-directory -That is the part i dont like in that idea...
Hey, thanks for the reply! I did also think that the case might be tied to some national chars. I do have one non-latin character in my user path, so when installing the 32 bit version I installed it just in a folder on different drive. This gave me a hint that it might not be tied to characters.

Just a minute ago I've tried moving the VST files to different folders, and I discovered that I still couldn't load them from bare C:\, but I could from different, non-system drives. I edited my first post with my discoveries and then read your response, so I'm also replying so you can get notified or something. And I'll check out this piano for sure, even just to try if it's any good ;)
Mak wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:02 pm
hint that it might not be tied to characters.
Yes! Because in the EDIT you wrote
it still cannot load anything from system drive.
Thats it! i believe
I discovered that I still couldn't load them from bare C:\, but I could from different, non-system drives.
Yes exactly that!

If you installed lmms inside your windows partition (?!) then i think you will get problems!
Do -never- install programs under
C\:Windows\someProgram\theProgramFiles|files
The 'right' way to do is
C\:\someProgram\theProgramFiles|files
The BEST way is
E\:\someProgram\theProgramFiles|files
C:\ Windows -your system-library, should be kept as 'clean' as you just possible can. The reason that E:\ is, much better for programs, is that the more you write on the partition C:\ the more fragmented this partition will get!
Serious disasters are also more solvable if you have clean partitions..
Thats why i h a t e programs that insists being installed on C:\ ..Most orr. MS proggies does exactly that :(

But maby you do not have partitions on your system? Many does not..
I will like to hear what result you get after installing in
C\:\someProgram\theProgramFiles|files
or
E\:\someProgram\theProgramFiles|files