Midi keyboard - how to configure LMMS and QjackCtl for it ?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello. I have LMMS and QjackCtl on Linux and need to use a midi keyboard in LMMS. The keyboard appears only in QjackCtl and only in ALSA tab. LMMS doesn't see the keyboard. How to configure LMMS and QjackCtl for it?
You need to click on the menu of the instrument that u want to control (the menu is the gear icon), go to MIDI>Input, and select ur MIDI controller. You might have to close and re-open LMMS to get it to show up.
GingkathFox wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 pm
You need to click on the menu of the instrument that u want to control (the menu is the gear icon), go to MIDI>Input, and select ur MIDI controller. You might have to close and re-open LMMS to get it to show up.
There is only INPUT that i can toogle. https://ibb.co/m9NXEm, https://ibb.co/kdKZS6
GingkathFox wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 pm
On another notebook with Debian (screenshots were from AltLinux) LMMS sees the keyboard, and QJackCtl shows a connection between it and LMMS TripleOscillator on MIDI tab. But there is no any sound after selection of TripleOscillator and pressing a key on midi keyboard. In LMMS audio and midi drivers are selected as Jack, in QjackCtl midi-driver is selected as seq (i tried raw too). In LMMS i tried to select ALSA drivers and others but there is no sound after pressing a key on midi-keyboard in any combination.
srgslogin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm
Hello.
Hi, Welcome to the forum srgslogin ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I have LMMS and QjackCtl on Linux and need to use a midi keyboard in LMMS.
Maby there are things you can use in this article:
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI
How to configure LMMS and QjackCtl for it?
That one is yet a new piece in the puzzle of linux-addons+lmms...
I will be very pleased, if you will come back and explain a solution for using this, in case you get it solved -It will go strait to Wiki :)
srgslogin wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:07 pm
In LMMS i tried to select ALSA drivers and others but there is no sound after pressing a key on midi-keyboard in any combination.
What r ur audio setings?
I use Windows, so my interface is SDL and the SDL settings is "RTKVHD64.sys".
musikbear wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:34 pm
That one is yet a new piece in the puzzle of linux-addons+lmms...
I see. Midi kbd is one of basic functionality of DAW, LMMS is a LINUX DAW, and connection of a midi kbd to it is still a puzzle.
GingkathFox wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:52 pm
What r ur audio setings?
I use Windows, so my interface is SDL and the SDL settings is "RTKVHD64.sys".
audio: jack
midi: jack
I tried almost all the combinations.
I dunno then.
Could it be ur speakers?
GingkathFox wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:12 pm
I dunno then.
Could it be ur speakers?
No. LMMS plays a note when you press a key on computer's kbd. So, i can check it.