Ubuntu: Android tablet + TouchDAW as virtual Midi device?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I was wondering if and how I could use an Android device as a virtual MIDI controller / device to connect with LMMS?

I've tried to use TouchDAW free app from the Play Store on my Android 6 tablet, which I connected to my DELL laptop running Ubuntu 16.04. On the tablet, I activated the USB MIDI option and plugged it via USB cable into my laptop.

In LMMS I added an instrument track and in instrument settings I activated the MIDI input and output options. With the little keyboard icon, I found my tablet device listed as MIDI device and picked it. However, I can't hear anything from LMMS, when I play the keyboard keys from TouchDAW on the tablet. What did I do wrong? Is there a way to use and Android device with an appropriate MIDI controller app as a MIDI input for LMMS on Ubuntu / Linux?

Thanks,
Bunjip
Use Jack to connect Midi perhaps it's "Aquaris X5 Plus MIDI 1" to LMMS/Yoshimi app. See lookup Wmidi perhaps wine can emulate this but then you might need windows phone/tablet driver. I really cant help other than suggest it, since its device specific
Bunjip wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:50 pm
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Bunjip !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I've tried to use TouchDAW on my Android 6 tablet
You want to use it as a keyboard?
I remember an attempt to achieve that, but not successful
It would be interesting to learn if you succeeds