using LMMS to not use it?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So i agreed to do this rap collab with another guy online. But he has a chromebook so he has to do all of his work on soundtrap. and by extension me. so far, in order to do work, i have to convert an audio sample online, download it, work with it on LMMS, and export it back on soundtrap. this puts a strain on my workload and adds unnecessary files to my computer.

There has to be something i'm doing wrong.
any suggestions?
samthekid108 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:46 am
any suggestions?
Not really, you are trapped in the incompatibility swamp between mac and win/linux. You have two options:
*sound-files as you do now
*midi-files, with the notes -but that depend on that soundtrap. thing.. Does it have midi export, and is his contribution score ?
You could also agree to work on a online daw for the parts where you interact, but again midi or soundfiles need to be the bridge to lmms
musikbear wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:40 pm
samthekid108 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:46 am
any suggestions?
Not really, you are trapped in the incompatibility swamp between mac and win/linux. You have two options:
*sound-files as you do now
*midi-files, with the notes -but that depend on that soundtrap. thing.. Does it have midi export, and is his contribution score ?
You could also agree to work on a online daw for the parts where you interact, but again midi or soundfiles need to be the bridge to lmms
it actually does, but it saves it as a paid premium feature.
i'm 99 percent sure that soundtrap doesn't see itself as a genuine creation software. but it supports collaborations. i eventually caved and took everything to LMMS, but i have to use up a lot more filespace