deciding the end of the segment

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
hello,
i am trying to work with lmms.
was able to record notes from midi device, shifted them to the start of the segment (found solution on this forum).
now, I have recorded a loop, I have set quantization to 1/16, I have some notes, and I want 4 squares pause after the last note.
However I don't understand why and how lmms decides the end of the segment.
Sometimes it leaves too much space after the last note, sometimes it just ends with the last note.
How do I decide and fix where is the end of the segment? Thank you.

I was able to set loop points, I had hope, that may be those decide where the segment begins and ends, but those don't.
You're welcome!

Well, I'm not sure I understood ...

I guess you're referring to the Piano-Roll.

In the Piano-Roll, above the grid, there are numbers. These numbers represent the measurements. Between each measure (or "bar"), there is a vertical line that marks the limit of each measure.

When you press Play in the Piano-Roll, the playhead will cycle through the timeline until the end of the last measure containing a note.

If the last measure containing a note is measure 8, the playhead will travel the time line from measure 1 to the end of measure 8.

'If you put your last note in bar 7, and that note overflows on bar 8, the Piano-Roll's playhead will go to the end of bar 8.

Does that answer your question?
I guess yes, okay, I see.
ankap wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:24 pm
I was able to set loop points, I had hope, that may be those decide where the segment begins and ends, but those don't.
Loop points allow you to select a range of measures. And when you press Play, the playhead will only play back that interval. It is convenient to work certain parts. This is its only use (when you export your track, the loop points are not taken into account).

+

In the BB Editor, if you have two instruments with:
- the first that lasts 2 measures,
- and the second which lasts 3 measures,
the length of your pattern will be 3 measures (it is the longest which determines the length of your pattern).
ankap wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:24 pm
hello,
i am trying to work with lmms.
Welcome to the forum ankap ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I think your question was answered by D.ipsum, I will only add, that the span ,inside the measure, depends on the time-signature. I plan a tutorial on this subject -kind of awaiting my #500 subscriber on my LMMS tutorial channel :p, before i do this tutorial, as a celebration and thanks-to-all announcement.
Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.