Automations disappearing (and simple solution)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
U P D A T E!

oOOHHHHHhhh it seems that a similar situation happens buuuut -- instead of a blank automation patterns in automation tracks, sometimes, if you are in the the song editor, you will see that all of the patterns in an automation track, the patterns/loops are flipped upside down and when you right click it in the "(n) Connections",

it is connected to "Note detuning"

in contrast to the other one that has no connections.
I have no screenshots sorry

You do the same thing, just drag the control and put it where it is supposed to be put. DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE "Note detuning".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, hi. Just postin' something that might help. Has anyone of you noticed when you have some big projects with a lot of automations, and you close the project, then you open it again,

the whole automation track disappear?
For example, the whole automation track containing all of the automation in resonance

Aah, this happened in my remix of Popsip - Electric Dancer (that I kept to myself due to copyright) and in the extended mix of my 8-minute Trance song that has 400 automation patterns so ye :mrgreen: Many automation is vital for Trance and when you opened the file again, the track disappeared like...

I'm gonna make the whole shit all over again.

but, I've found a simple solution to that instead of deleting and making the automation patterns again.

------------------------------------------------

So, here's what the track look liked when the track disappeared:

It looks like a normal pattern that resembles an automation that maximizes the effect, but when you open it in the automation editor, the pattern seems to be whitewashed like:

When a part of the song plays with this, the knob/control will not move due to it being broken. Also, if you right click and see the connected parts, you will see it's blank. It will say, <Disconnect "">

And here's what I did to remove this:

1.) First of all, find the knob where the automation pattern is connected to. In the picture, I've lost the automation in the volume.

to resolve, we will also do what we've done when we make automation.
Press ctrl + click to the knob then drag to the broken pattern where it is supposed to be. If it's for the bandwidth, only in the bandwidth. If it's for the volume, only in the volume. Always remember what automation you've put. And so, that's why it's important to make separate automation tracks for each distinguished knob or control.

example, if a ZASFX lost its automation in the resonance, just open the smol native synth window then find the resonance knob, then drag to the knob to the automation. Simple.

2.) Now, I drag the knob to the broken automaton pattern. The automation should be back now (see the 4-measure automation pattern where the value decreases just found below the right-clicked options)

Right click and you will see options, hover to "(n) Connections >" and you will see that there are two connected controls now. The one that was broke and the one where you have put the original control. Remove the broken control.

It's all back now ;w;

------------------------------------

Just some notes
This may not be applicable to the bug where you undo something like changing the automation and then the whole track disappears. You may need to revive the .bak files or work out all of the automation again. This is why I always save as new version.

Sadly, there are some situations that this won't work!

hope it helps
vortexsupernova wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:44 am
Has anyone of you noticed when you have some big projects with a lot of automations, and you close the project, then you open it again,
UhOh :o
That should so definitively not happen!
This bug was squashed afair in 1.0
But then it was 're-introduced' in RC3, but with another reason. This (afaik a concatenation) was solved in RC64 -so now my important question is
What version do you have installed?
It would be really sad if it is > than RC6493, because then it has been re-re-introduced *sigh* ..
Annnnd i need to see projects with the bug.........
Please readout the version and post back!
musikbear wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:33 pm
vortexsupernova wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:44 am
Has anyone of you noticed when you have some big projects with a lot of automations, and you close the project, then you open it again,
UhOh :o
That should so definitively not happen!
This bug was squashed afair in 1.0
But then it was 're-introduced' in RC3, but with another reason. This (afaik a concatenation) was solved in RC64 -so now my important question is
What version do you have installed?
It would be really sad if it is > than RC6493, because then it has been re-re-introduced *sigh* ..
Please readout the version and post back!
It happens sometimes on lmms 1.1.3 too.
From looking at the pics, it appears that vortexsupernova, has Lmms 1.1.3 installed.
@musikbear
hmm... drop me a pm so i will know the go signal and send you the file link

btw, all the last four revisions of the song, .bak and .mmpz (including the one that's on the screenshot), are deleted accidentally :( but i still have the retrieved .bak file of an older modified last december 21, and almost the same amount of automations and features, with a messier mastering.

and the track itself mastering does not exist :lol:
not sure if it's really trance, some parts are techno, some are progressive trance and some are trance with a weak euphoria feeling.

update!!!
oOOHHHHHhhh it seems that a similar situation happens buuuut -- instead of a blank automation patterns in automation tracks, sometimes, if you are in the the song editor, you will see that all of the patterns in an automation track, the patterns/loops are flipped upside down and when you right click it in the "(n) Connections",

it is connected to "Note detuning"

in contrast to the other one that has no connections.
I have no screenshots sorry

You do the same thing, just drag the control and put it where it is supposed to be put. DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE "Note detuning".