program glitch

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
when i play a song, sometimes it will continue playing a certain note constantly even though i have completely stopped the track from playing. i don't understand why it happens but it might be because so much is playing at a time. the only ways i can stop it are by leaving the song and coming back onto it, or finding the glitched instrument from the 20 or so instruments by muting them and finding the one that is glitched. I think it might only be for zynaddsubfx because those are the only ones which are glitching at the moment, but i also use some other ones like audiofileprocessor to get preset sweeps and impacts and stuff, and there is a time when the sample will end but the note would technically still be playing.

please help me.

you are my only hope.
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:52 am
sometimes it will continue playing a certain note constantly even though i have completely stopped the track from playing. i don't understand why
one of the things that can result in this problem, is when settings in arpeggiator are manually changes when a note is being pressed, but afaik this bug has been squashed
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms sound device chosen
* lmms preset (if a factory preset is used)
* a demo mmpz -You can attach directly on your post!
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:26 pm
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
sometimes it will continue playing a certain note constantly even though i have completely stopped the track from playing. i don't understand why
one of the things that can result in this problem, is when settings in arpeggiator are manually changes when a note is being pressed, but afaik this bug has been squashed
please post your:
* lmms version
* Latency setting
i don't know how to find the first five, but I can tell you i made my own zynaddsubfx and the demo will be wherever if i find out how to attach it

yeah i don't know how to attach it

sorry for being a noob
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:53 pm
Under the post buttons on every reply to any topic in this forum
Post as default .mppz
musikbear wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:42 pm
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Under the post buttons on every reply to any topic in this forum
Post as default .mppz
i would show you a picture of how my site does not have one of those but i cant frikkin attach anything sooooooo

yeah
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
musikbear wrote:
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
please post your:
* lmms version
* Latency setting
i don't know how to find the first five, but I can tell you i made my own zynaddsubfx and the demo will be wherever if i find out how to attach it
* The OS (+service-pack-version) Example: Windows 10(OS) Home Edition(service-pack-version)
* lmms version Example: 1.1.3 (Appears in the top left corner of the screen, after the project name)
(I don't have a example for the soundcard) Example for RAM: 8 gigabytes (you can see the RAM in the task manager on Windows {Control+Alt+Delete} under the "Performance" tab, as "Memory")
* Latency setting Example: (In settings, under "General" it will be in the "Buffer Size" as "Latency") Latency: 5.8 ms
* lmms sound device Example: (Under the Audio tab, in audio Interface) SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer)
Hope this helps!
GingkathFox wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 pm
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
musikbear wrote:

please post your:
* lmms version
* Latency setting
* The OS (+service-pack-version) Example: Windows 10(OS) Home Edition(service-pack-version)
* lmms version Example: 1.1.3 (Appears in the top left corner of the screen, after the project name)
(I don't have a example for the soundcard) Example for RAM: 8 gigabytes (you can see the RAM in the task manager on Windows {Control+Alt+Delete} under the "Performance" tab, as "Memory")
* Latency setting Example: (In settings, under "General" it will be in the "Buffer Size" as "Latency") Latency: 5.8 ms
* lmms sound device Example: (Under the Audio tab, in audio Interface) SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer)
Hope this helps!
Windows 10, i still don't understand the service pack version
8gb
5.8 ms
sdl
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:26 pm
GingkathFox wrote:
MickeyMoose555 wrote:

Hope this helps!
8gb
5.8 ms
sdl
The service packs for windows are: Home, Business, Enterprise, and Professional. Although I'm fairly certain u use Home.
GingkathFox wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:33 pm
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
GingkathFox wrote:

Hope this helps!
8gb
5.8 ms
sdl
The service packs for windows are: Home, Business, Enterprise, and Professional. Although I'm fairly certain u use Home.
yeah i guess
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
I believe this is a known issue with zynaddsubfx.
Can you try the latest beta of lmms-1.2 and see if it changes this behaviour in any way?
https://lmms.io/download/#windows