RemoteVST+conhost.exe won't stop running even LMMS is closed

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Version # 1.2.0 win32 beta.

I have downloaded several VST's to test 'em out in Lmms.

so, after closing the program with my project files that use 5 VST's, the VST host and C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe is still running in Task Manager.

if you open up LMMS again, it will load up the 5 VST's again but won't delete the older ones, which means that, if you loaded that project 3 times without ending all the processes (including conhost.exe) in task manager,

5 = vst's
times 2 = every vst has conhost.exe

answer times three = i've opened the project file three times.

SO, thirty processes running in the background if you didn't close them all in TM.

this is hogging mah memory actually, the fact that 1.2.0 handles memory not as good as 1.1.3 :|
vortexsupernova wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:23 pm
this is hogging mah memory actually, the fact that 1.2.0 handles memory not as good as 1.1.3 :|
Which beta is this? (the number after lmms-1.2.0-rc)
zonkmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm
vortexsupernova wrote:
Which beta is this? (the number after lmms-1.2.0-rc)
rc5... is that the one???
vortexsupernova wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm
rc5... is that the one???
rc5 is the latest beta, yes. We have a couple of unresolved issues with processes running after closing. Do you see this with any other pluggins like ZynAddSubFX ?
vortexsupernova wrote:
after closing the program
:
the VST host
Do you mean RemoteVSTPlugin.exe ?
That one stays in memory, if an irregular shutdown of lmms has happened. Manually, that would be the case, if you use Task-manager to shut down lmms! did you do that?

Code: Select all

You can use TM and shut not only lmms down, but ALL lmms related sub-processes in ONE go!
You need to NOT stop the process, but INSTEAD shut down the process-TREE.
To do so, right-click on the running lmms instance

and C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe is running in Task Manager.
That one is totally new to me. I have not seen it run, nor have i heard about it ever
What version of windows do you use?
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm
You can use TM and shut not only lmms down, but ALL lmms related sub-processes in ONE go!
(good information, after a crash, I always have a persistence of conhost.exe and RemoteVSTPlugin.exe (and even in 32bits version, which I do not understand since I work with LMMS 64bits and I do not use VST ...))
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm
after closing the program
:
the VST host
Do you mean RemoteVSTPlugin.exe ?
Yes

---------------
That one stays in memory, if an irregular shutdown of lmms has happened. Manually, that would be the case, if you use Task-manager to shut down lmms! did you do that?
Nope, I always have TM on my side because LMMS 1.2.0 rc5 freezes in some situations, so I only use it to force it shut down when it is not responding.

---------------

Code: Select all

oh, thank you for this <3

---------------
and C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe is running in Task Manager.

That one is totally new to me. I have not seen it run, nor have i heard about it ever
What version of windows do you use?
Hmmm, Windows 7 Ultimate. Ive seen some article:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4996/wh ... t-running/