Can't open file on Linux (that opens fine on Windows)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi

I have a unique problem. I'm relatively new to music production and LMMS. I started creating a track in LMMS on a Windows (latest Windows 10) machine, then tried to open the same track on Linux (Ubuntu 17.10) but it stops opening at 56% and LMMS crashes. The file opens fine on Windows, but I now no longer have access to the Windows machine.

Does anyone know why the file won't open on Linux but opens fine on Windows? It's the same version of LMMS, using only the stock plugins that come pre-installed when you install LMMS.

I don't want to start over because I'm new to the whole production in LMMS scene and it will take me hours to recreate what I had done.

Here's the file: (I don't know how to attach) https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/4LDeWp2ZNog2wfF
etienne wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am
Hi
Hi, Welcome to the forum etienne ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
tried to open the same track on Linux (Ubuntu 17.10) but it stops opening at 56% and LMMS crashes.
Most likely because of different path and folders. I will take a look at your project, and try to make a 'generic' version of it.
Thank you, musikbear. I appreciate the kind help.
etienne wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:45 am
Thank you, musikbear. I appreciate the kind help.
Yw.
I hope this one will load. I have removed a track that seemed 'strange', and replaced the special Sf with factory presets, so in general -ruined your track :p
But you should be able to replace the presets i have used, with the one in the original.
I have ofcause not changed any notes or automation.
Not sure the name was linux compatible, so i changed that a bit too :p

Let me know how it went..

Attachments

Hi musikbear

Thanks so much for all the effort.

Unfortunately, something else now doesn't work. The file you sent me only loads up until 52%, and then LMMS crashes. I guess I will need to make the track again from scratch.

But thank you again for your kind help. It is greatly appreciated.
etienne wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm
only loads up until 52%, and then LMMS crashes.
w e i r d :(
Is the crash 'silent' or is there some kind of popup with crash information? I believe linux can make a 'dump' of the load process, can you do that?

-about 'remaking ALL - no because i can very easily export a midi of all notes, so i will make that tonight. The bommer is that automation will be influenced, im afraid, but the notes will be rescued.

----edit

Here is the midi notes
Just RENAME to .mid. I fake it as a mmpz in order to attach it here :P

Attachments