Gsnap, compressed audio, midi

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,
I'm new to LMMS having only used programs like Audacity before but never a full DAW. I tried Gsnap in audacity but audacity doesn't do realtime effects so it wasn't working out. I then tried it in source forge, worked better but I wanted to use the audio sampling part as well as the midi part. So in LMMS what I tried to do was open an mp3 sample track, but that didn't work. I was only ever able to open WAV files whether it was from the song editor or the AudioFileProcessor. So I converted the sample to WAV and opened it in the song editor. If I added Gsnap to the effects chain of that sample, I could see gsnap getting input hear it working but that is only good for "fixed" effects, not midi. So I tried adding gsnap through VeSTige. I was able to get gsnap to respond to vestige's on screen midi keyboard, but my sample audio was not picked up by gsnap when I pressed play. I can hear it playing, it is coming through master "0" and vestige is set to fx channel "0" so I don't know what is wrong. Any suggestions on how to make this work, and/or thoughts on why compressed audio like mp3s won't import?
I am running on windows 7 x64, with lmms x64. My sound card is an asus xonar DS if that helps.
Thanks
PS I would also like to know how to use a midi file with gsnap, so that gsnap will be auto-tuning the digital sample to whatever tune that midi file is playing.
ME TOO! Can anyone help?
osterac wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 pm
So in LMMS what I tried to do was open an mp3 sample track, but that didn't work. I was only ever able to open WAV files whether it was from the song editor or the AudioFileProcessor
No, as you've noticed you can't import mp3. In lmms-1.2 you can export as mp3 but you still can't import them. For now, .wav, .ogg and .flac works.

I don't know what midi information you need to send. LMMS has a quite limited capacity when it comes to midi at the moment but it should definitely be able to send usual key on/off messages without problem. I've never used Gsnap but as I've understood it this is an auto tune application that needs a sound input and midi information on what key to use as target value. Do you have any midi application that lets you spot what application is connected to where?