How to change the duration/length of a sample track?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I dragged a sample in the song editor so a new track was created. Now when I double click on one beat it opens up the piano-roll editor. After making a quick melody, I realize that in the song editor I am not able to change the length/Duration of the track by dragging it on the right corner. In the docs it says that this duration changing does not work for instruments. So instruments are samples..? There must be some way to change the length of a track, or does every melody have to be one of those boxes long? -.-
I really love LMMS but such simple things really confuse me. Would be glad if someone would help,
Thanks
lmmsusername wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 pm
in the song editor I am not able to change the length/Duration of the track by dragging it on the right corner.
No because that would mean, that you changed the BPM of the sample, so THAT is what you need to do!
Scroll the BPM, and the sample changes length.
Your issue is kind of related to a hidden gem in lmms:
Lmms used as Looper-software
(most renounced sony-asid previously know as ASIDMusic)
Its not completely hidden, cause i made a video about how-to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTaCs_8j2M
Here the effect of scrolling the BPM is explained.
A sidetrack would be if what you really want is to change the actual tempo OF the sample.
That you cant do in lmms (yet), you need to use something like Audacity (recommended)

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum lmmsusername ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Thousand of users daily visit here mahjong online thanks for the play this game.