Automation bug...

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
musikbear wrote: Autch...
..Could you make one extra check of your lmms version? Iow, are you dead sure it is RC4 and not RC3, because the lost ID in automation was crushed in one of the sub-edd of RC3
Check Menu |Help -there you can read the release ed ver. tag.
If its RC3(sub-x), then all this make sense..
I checked it - it shows RC5. Should I install LMMS from scratch? I mean I installed RC5 over the previous RC4 version, maybe there were some errors or something like that?
ACYDE Music wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:51 pm
I checked it - it shows RC5.
Wooot - first post you said RC4!
I retested on a RC4 installation.
So you have RC5!
I really hope, that the ID bug has not sneaked back into RC5
Need to retest...
------------------
()&/&&%%&¤%#¤#"#" It's back :'//
Thanks for reporting!
musikbear wrote:
ACYDE Music wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:51 pm
I checked it - it shows RC5.
Wooot - first post you said RC4!
I retested on a RC4 installation.
So you have RC5!
I really hope, that the ID bug has not sneaked back into RC5
Need to retest...
------------------
()&/&&%%&¤%#¤#"#" It's back :'//
Thanks for reporting!
Oh, I'm sorry that I wrote RC4 :/.
Anyway, no problem, hope this gets fixed!
Hello,

this bug exists already for years now, and it is absolutely annoying. LMMS randomly destroys the adjusted automization whenever the project is opened again. The manually set red dots disappear and the frequency or volume or whatever should be automized are set to their highest level.

No, my projects are neither too big (which shoiuld play no role anyway), nor is it my computer which fulfills almost the highest standards. I'm using the latest version of LMMS, 1.1.3 for Win64 (I have Win64). Each line of automization contains only one specific effect for one specific instrument, and I also don't use empty automization parts. Adjusted automization is just destroyed randomly (once the frequency of an instrument, next time I reload the project the volume automization is destroyed instead). I have to load the project several times in the hope that at some point my original automization is loaded.

When will this be fixed?
LMMS_User wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:12 pm
When will this be fixed?
I think this has been fixed already. Please test the latest preview of lmms 1.2.0 (lmms.io downloads page, orange buttons).
zonkmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:16 pm
LMMS_User wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:12 pm
When will this be fixed?
I think this has been fixed already. Please test the latest preview of lmms 1.2.0 (lmms.io downloads page, orange buttons).
Hello Zonkmachine,

Thank you for your reply!

I thought I downloaded the latest version, because that is the one to be found directly on the lmms page:
https://lmms.io/download/#windows

But I was fixed on the green buttons which are additionally more on top of the page.
Since 1.2.0 is beta, do you know in which ways it is unstable?
LMMS_User wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:28 pm
Since 1.2.0 is beta, do you know in which ways it is unstable?
It isn't unstable but I don't think you can compare them that easily because we would use lmms in different ways on different machines and would be hit by somewhat different bugs. The general view is that 1.2.0 in beta is more stable than 1.1.3. We're just touching it up for the final release.