Win Vista — doesn't save program settings

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Having some problems with subj. System is Windows Vista, Kaspersky Antivirus is also installed, but they don't block it. Is it possible to find settings file or registry entry and edit it manually? Thanks in advance
if you have searched this board, you will find a couple of threads around this peculiar problem. As for now the problem is not resolved -actually, its not even mapped. Some apearently get this problem, most does not.
Unfortunately, vista is dodgy in several ways. A search would again give you more on this. Its very inconvinient, but afaik there is no hot fix for this :/
Br.
hello
i am having same problem with lmms 0.4.10 under ubuntu 10.04 : it shuts down everytime i click on settings button
while 0.4.09 for windows works very well with wine under same o.s. (ubuntu 10.04)
thanks in advance
i have all kind of problems with 0.4.10, and 0.4.10 problems is also a hot topic on youtube. 0.4.10 is not a solid release. i have recommended against installing .10 on my yT channel, and would also recommend you to revert to 0.4.9. I have.
Br.
it didn't work for me =(
I have the same problem on my Windows 7. And had the same problem both on Windows XP and 7 with previous versions of LMMS for 2 years!

Can anybody tell me please where LMMS stores it's settings? Maybe I can solve this problem by myself.
its like i wrote marts 9. -some users have this problem. I (win xp) have never had any problems at all. i used the Edit | settings menu, pointed to the files and folders, and thats it. I have never heard from it since. Not even on updates i have had to change a comma.
but lets take a look at my 'working directiory path'
C:/LMMS/LMMScurrent/data/projects/myOwnProjects\
Thats the string
does yours have the same structure in respect to slashes and backslashes?
..Should, because i just
pointed
to the path and lmms did the rest
Ofcause you need to remember to press the OK button when you are done :p
..and ofcause you did -right..?
I have absolutely no idea why a few have this settings isue
...could be that something in respect to permissions for the install-folder is missing?
good luck..
ybnh wrote:Having some problems with subj. System is Windows Vista, Kaspersky Antivirus is also installed, but they don't block it. Is it possible to find settings file or registry entry and edit it manually? Thanks in advance
I'm also on Win Vista and I don't have the problem with saving program settings. Not on version 0.4.10 neither on previous versions.
Maybe problem is admin rights to user-rights.
Didn't test it on XP yet.

@musikbear
I'm using version 0.4.10 without any serious problems (apart from window settings/resizing).
But I'm just using LMMS internal plugins and effects no vst(i) atm.
I have a similar problem in WinXP. LMMS forgets my settings erratically. Just found that the "working directory" path that I browsed out had no backslash at the end, so I added one. We'll see.
Ok, didn't help. My settings remain through 3 or 4 runs of LMMS, and then I start it, say, the 5th time and it shows the "settings" window right at startup, and it's the LMMS delivery settings. Shit happens.
EDIT: My working folder is not on the system partition. Maybe LMMS doesn't like that?