Raw CC / midi data - viewing and editing.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Franny23dmt wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:24 pm
synths(VSTi's): Spire, Dune 2
FX(VST's) : G Sonique XBass 4000 L, Aradaz Maximiser 5
All new names to me.

Franny23dmt wrote:
zonkmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 pm
Does the demo project work fine?
Try and save a test version of a buggy project with all VST tracks muted. Reload the project and test it. If it works fine, unmute one of the tracks, save, reload, repeat. This way you can find out if it's any one VST in particular that's problematic.
It seems to, the audio is crashed when first loaded but it fixes itself after a while.
I didn't get this. Does one of the demo projects crash alsa or pulseaudio?

Franny23dmt wrote:
I also noticed that when you overlay a scales template to a key that there is no visual change in piano roll
This is a known issue and it's been fixed for rc6.
zonkmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:29 pm

I'm not sure...ALSA still works with other programs, the only place i have ever seen linux globally crash with audeio was with Bitwigs DAW.
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:12 pm
zonkmachine wrote:
I'm not sure...ALSA still works with other programs, the only place i have ever seen linux globally crash with audeio was with Bitwigs DAW.
If you start lmms and load the demo project demos/Skiessi/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz (wait until the project has fully loaded) and then press play. What happens?
zonkmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:20 pm
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:12 pm
zonkmachine wrote:
If you start lmms and load the demo project demos/Skiessi/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz (wait until the project has fully loaded) and then press play. What happens?
i dont know where this demo file is, and a file search doesnt find it.
When the open project window was up my system froze & I had to sudo reboot via terminal.

I tried a few VSTs opening manually on fresh project ...managed to get audio from one of them, but no audio from Spire, and it is Dune 2 that crashes, which is oddd because Dune 2 is the most stable on my current setup, literally never had any bugs with it
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 pm
i dont know where this demo file is, and a file search doesnt find it.
In the menu to the left in between the plugins and the samples. If you hover over the the icon it says 'My Projects'. Click it and then on the file /demos/Skiessi/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz.

Franny23dmt wrote:
When the open project window was up my system froze & I had to sudo reboot via terminal.
And your system is stable otherwise?

Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 pm
I am using Ubuntu 16.04 ...
Do you apply updates to your Ubuntu installation?
What point release of 16.04? (The latest is Ubuntu 16.04.4 and was released on 1 March).

Franny23dmt wrote:
I tried a few VSTs opening manually on fresh project ...managed to get audio from one of them, but no audio from Spire, and it is Dune 2 that crashes, which is oddd because Dune 2 is the most stable on my current setup, literally never had any bugs with it
Create something with the VST that worked: Multiple tracks. Save and reload often while working. Does that work?
zonkmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 am
In the menu to the left in between the plugins and the samples. If you hover over the the icon it says 'My Projects'. Click it and then on the file /demos/Skiessi/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz.
ah ok lol ive never looked in there. it plays fine. i did notice , however, that i couldn't select where to jump on the time line

zonkmachine wrote:
And your system is stable otherwise?
Sure, it can weeks without rebooting
zonkmachine wrote:
Do you apply updates to your Ubuntu installation?
What point release of 16.04? (The latest is Ubuntu 16.04.4 and was released on 1 March).
yes I always update as they happen.
I installed ubuntu early when 16.04 was the latest version

zonkmachine wrote:
Create something with the VST that worked: Multiple tracks. Save and reload often while working. Does that work?
Ok it works when i open project, i made 4 channels. I also noticed that in piano roll there was no horizontal lines or vertical lines so you know where you are on the keyboard...it is just pure black