Raw CC / midi data - viewing and editing.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Is there any way to view and edit the raw midi data on LMMS like cubase etc has?
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 am
Is there any way to view and edit the raw midi data on LMMS like cubase etc has?
No, sorry, there is not
@Franny23dmt What the bear said...
There is a bunch of MIDI related issues open. What are you trying to solve and what version of LMMS are you working with?
zonkmachine wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:02 pm
@Franny23dmt What the bear said...
There is a bunch of MIDI related issues open. What are you trying to solve and what version of LMMS are you working with?
I was talking to a logic pro user about how VST's velocity doesnt work in my version (1.1.3) and he thought if there was the midi data table that i might be able to edit it there (TBPH not the sort of thing i want to do ). I dont use velocity anyway so doesnt worry me
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 am
I was talking to a logic pro user about how VST's velocity doesnt work in my version (1.1.3)...
Velocity should be fixed in 1.2.0. Please test the latest beta (rc6 is not far away).
zonkmachine wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 am
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 am
I was talking to a logic pro user about how VST's velocity doesnt work in my version (1.1.3)...
Velocity should be fixed in 1.2.0. Please test the latest beta (rc6 is not far away).
Just tried ... it crashes audio right away & cant see all the graphics properly. Ive never been able to use any version other than 1.1.3
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 pm
...it crashes audio right away...
Crashes audio in what way?

Franny23dmt wrote:
...cant see all the graphics properly
What is missing visually? Pic? When you first switch from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0-rc5 the old theme will be loaded and it will contain glitches. If you now restart LMMS the new default theme should be found correctly. This glitch has been fixed for the next beta, rc6.

Franny23dmt wrote:
Ive never been able to use any version other than 1.1.3
What is your OS/Version?
What audio interface are you using?
zonkmachine wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm
Franny23dmt wrote:
...it crashes audio right away...
Crashes audio in what way?

Franny23dmt wrote:
...cant see all the graphics properly
What is missing visually? Pic? When you first switch from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0-rc5 the old theme will be loaded and it will contain glitches. If you now restart LMMS the new default theme should be found correctly. This glitch has been fixed for the next beta, rc6.

Franny23dmt wrote:
Ive never been able to use any version other than 1.1.3
What is your OS/Version?
What audio interface are you using?
When I start it fresh the audio works fine (tested triple oscillator that opens with a new project)
When I load a project with VSTs, I immediately get "remote vst crashed" notices pop up. The audio at first does the typical (for me) audio crash on LMMS(when playing project), which is just random noise, and then silence after a period.
--->*******edit: after loading a few more times, the VST's are still crashed & make no audio, but native LMMS worked for a short period & then silence.

~ {There is a correlation to me having Chromium open with webpages with flash etc open, and these audio crashes BTW. (happens on my version 1.1.3) }
>
The graphics glitch hasnt repeated itself
I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and my audio interface is my Gigabyte motherboard soundchip. I am using ALSA as sound driver & MIDI manager
Franny23dmt wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 am
When I start it fresh the audio works fine (tested triple oscillator that opens with a new project)
When I load a project with VSTs, I immediately get "remote vst crashed" notices pop up. The audio at first does the typical (for me) audio crash on LMMS(when playing project), which is just random noise, and then silence after a period.
--->*******edit: after loading a few more times, the VST's are still crashed & make no audio, but native LMMS worked for a short period & then silence.
What VSTs do you use?
Does the demo project work fine?
Try and save a test version of a buggy project with all VST tracks muted. Reload the project and test it. If it works fine, unmute one of the tracks, save, reload, repeat. This way you can find out if it's any one VST in particular that's problematic.

There's been fixes on the VST side since rc5 so the best thing would be if you could try your old projects with rc6 when it's released (a matter of weeks...).

Franny23dmt wrote:
I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and my audio interface is my Gigabyte motherboard soundchip. I am using ALSA as sound driver & MIDI manager
Can you please also try SDL?

Franny23dmt wrote:
The graphics glitch hasnt repeated itself
OK. The theme issue I mentioned above. It has been fixed in up-coming rc6.
zonkmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 pm

What VSTs do you use?
synths(VSTi's): Spire, Dune 2
FX(VST's) : G Sonique XBass 4000 L, Aradaz Maximiser 5

zonkmachine wrote:
Does the demo project work fine?
Try and save a test version of a buggy project with all VST tracks muted. Reload the project and test it. If it works fine, unmute one of the tracks, save, reload, repeat. This way you can find out if it's any one VST in particular that's problematic.
It seems to, the audio is crashed when first loaded but it fixes itself after a while.
A project with VST's also seems to fix itself with regards to channels other than VSTs, after about 5 mins, but VST audio still doesnt work.
I tried the channels muted & same results

zonkmachine wrote:
Can you please also try SDL?
The results are the same with SDL

I saved a crash report generated by the "windows" pop up box if this is helpful

I also noticed that when you overlay a scales template to a key that there is no visual change in piano roll