Half of My Midi

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!

The issue I am having is that I created a midi file using Musescore of a piano part. When I play it with a normal player it plays the part fine. However, when I import it into LMMS and press play, it only plays part of the arrangement. Meaning, it only plays the right hand of the piano part. What's even weirder is that it only does this in the very beginning of the song. By the end, both hand parts are present in the arrangement. I am using windows and I also am using the Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 as a plug in.

Please help!

Fred
FredHollerdude wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 am
Hello!
Hi, Welcome to the forum FredHollerdude ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

when I import it into LMMS and press play, it only plays part of the arrangement.

Ok, that odd..
Firstly, could you try with one of the native lmms instruments instead of your
Garritan Personal Orchestra 5.
All you need is to drag a native preset into the UI of Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, then it is swapped.
Then play-back, and tell us the result
Other wise it may be some midi-wirdness, and i may have to look at your project, but lets see
Hello Thanks!

So I found a work around. I was using some odd clefs in my Notation software that maybe confused LMMS. However, I noticed when I used one of the LMMS instruments (piano 01) and played it at the same time as the GPO5 piano that the midi file playing with GPO5 has been transposed down quite a great deal. What could that possibly mean???

Thanks Again,
Fred
FredHollerdude wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm
the midi file playing with GPO5 has been transposed down
That depends on the setting of the base-note
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Base_note
You can choose a different in-tune position in any octave, and change the pitch.

-Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.