ringing sound after playback?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I'm new here and new to LMMS, I've only been using it for about a month.

I've had this problem a couple of times, but usually if I close the program and reopen it, it works fine.

The last few times, however, this has kept happening and not with the same "instrument" either, it'll be different ones doing different things etc.

I'll playback the song and for some reason it'll get caught on a note and won't stop it, even when you let the song end/stop it. I can't keep closing and reopening the program after each playback. I'm not a programmer or anything like that either so I have no idea.

Any help appreciated as it's driving me nuts!

Thanks,

BTt
BTt wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm
Hello, I'm new here and new to LMMS
Hi! Welcome to the forum BTt ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
playback caught on a note and won't stop it
Here several things could be wrong, and they also depends on version of both os and lmms.
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* lmms instrument involved
* lmms preset (if a factory preset is used)
* If you can reproduce : a demo mmpz -You can attach directly on your post!
Helllo Muzikbear, thank you for your reply.

Here several things could be wrong, and they also depends on version of both os and lmms.
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)

I'm running Apple OS X El Capitan, v.10.11.6

* lmms version

it's running v. 1.1.3 (OSX/x86_64 Qt4.8.6 GCC4.21 Compatible Apple LLVM 4.2 9 (Clang-425.0.28))

it changes each time. :/ sometimes it'll be, say, clarinet, othertimes that's fine and it'll be synth pad one. It doesn't matter. It happens in the same file too, even if I save as new or anything like that, sometimes one will just "get caught" and that's the end of it, it just annoyingly rings throughout and after playback. I get the same even when I export it; it's very hit-and-miss though, sometimes it is fine. Unpredictable.

* lmms preset (if a factory preset is used)

I've only been using the instruments and presets that came with the download.

Thanks, BTt.
BTt wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:30 pm
I'm running Apple OS X El Capitan, v.10.11.6
it's running v. 1.1.3 (OSX/x86_64 Qt4.8.6 GCC4.21 Compatible Apple LLVM 4.2 9 (Clang-425.0.28))
autch - Apple (MAC) is not without issues in lmms, it is kind of an ongoing 'work in progress'. What you could try, is the ReleaseCandidate RC5, at least some of the MAC issues has been fixed, but not all..
So orange links here:
https://lmms.io/download/#mac
Bets fitting your pc.
Here i meant which one of the 'plugins' we call instruments -eg witch one from this page:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Plugins

I've only been using the instruments and presets that came with the download.
And they has names, that is what i need to know :'P

So for instance the Instrument LB302 has a preset named Good-old-times

I hope the updated version for MAC will be better for you, but please report back, because we can use the feedback!