Question: portability of LMMS projects (using soundfonts)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all! I'm new to these forums, and would like to start with a question right away. I hope this is the correct board for my question; if not, could a moderator please move it? Thanks :)

I have all my .mmp files on my home computer, and I use a lot of different soundfonts. Now, I checked the source .mmp files (which are XML, so human-readable), and I noticed that for every soundfont track, that the .mmp file says "D:\Data\Soundfonts\XYZ.sf2". So the folder is mentioned literally in the .mmp file.

Now I want to bring these files to a friend who also makes music. But he doesn't have this same folder. How can I make sure that when I install LMMS on his computer and try to open the mmp file there, that LMMS can find the soundfont (provided I carry that with me as well and put it somewhere), without having to make this specific folder on his filesystem?

I don't mind carrying my soundfonts along with my .mmp files, but I don't want to have to make a folder with the exact same path on his computer just so LMMS can find them. Also, I'd rather not manually reload the soundfont of each track for each song I load.

Is this possible? How should I best proceed?
Erik Leppen wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 pm
Hi all! I'm new to these forums,
Welcome to the forum ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
the .mmp file says "D:\Data\Soundfonts\XYZ.sf2". So the folder is mentioned literally in the .mmp file.
Yes, it is a problem in lmms.
Currently, there is no simple solution. Edits in the mmp has to be made.