unsaved project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello everybody,
I had created a project with lmms, without saved it. When I had finished, I wanted to save the project. So I clicked on the cross, the "save" window appeared. I enter the name of the project ("pop/jazz"), and I clicked on "save". But an error message appeared and lmms closed without saved my project. How can I find my project now?
Thanks.
Joo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:57 pm
Hello everybody,
Hi, Welcome to the forum Joo ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I clicked on the cross
Why would you do that?! The cross is for shutting down, and has afaik always been for shutting programs 'X' for exit...
the "save" window appeared.
No, if you really clicked on the X, then a warning is shown! You should press cancel
How can I find my project now?
What LMMS has you installed?
what OS??

Project-recovery is default in RC5!
If you have lmms1.1.3 installed, you MUST be careful!
Firstly
DO NOT OPEN LMMS

In your file-browser You need to look for a file named recover.mmp That file will have the content of your project.
If you find this file, rename it to anything you like, then and only then, open it in lmms!

Second option is to look for a file *.BAK
This file will exists, if you have automated backups enabled
Yours would be popjazz.BAK
rename that to popjazz.mmp
OBSERVE!!
I wrote popjazz.BAK
NOT
pop/jazz.BAK
It is not legal to use slashes in names of files at all
Slash is a reference to a path, and cant be used in a filename -That is most likely why you filesave was rejected!
Let me know if you got it back