Settings Cannot be changed!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello. I have an unknown issue here. I managed to fixed, what apparently seemed to be a famous error known as the C++ runtime issue. I've fixed it by modifying the lmms source code (I think) that was made in .xml format but now, when I look into settings, it crashes before I get a chance to do anything and that's when I click the settings tab. nothing else seems to effect it. Any of you have a clue as to how to fix this minor issue? My computer is an Acer laptop, running on a windows 7 64-bit OS.

I also referred to this article for answers on fixing the runtime issue: https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17951 It worked, just the one issue I described ealier. I am running the 1.1.3 version of LMMS, the latest and it's a 64 bit version. Any insight as to what the issue could be?
Auricular wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:45 am
Hello.
Hi, Welcome to the forum Auricular ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
the C++ runtime issue. I've fixed it by modifying the lmms source code (I think) that was made in .xml format
The source is in C++, have you changed that, and recompiled? You also mention XML, that is the format of the uncompressed project-files (mmp-files). The DOT-file is also a XML-keyed file.
Witch of these has you changed?
but now, when I look into settings, it crashes before I get a chance to do anything

Ok, yes-
I have several ways to tackle this issue, but i think we just go directly to the upgrade, so remove current 1.1.3, DL the newest RC and install that:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe
If you have problems just post here again.
No.1) Just one question; What is the latest RC for LMMS?

No.2) I changed the document called .lmmsrc.xml. It is in .XML format and that's the file I changed specifically to fix it. I thought the LMMS I got was the latest version.
Auricular wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:35 pm
No.1) Just one question; What is the latest RC for LMMS?
The latest RC is lmms-1.2.0-rc5
https://lmms.io/download/#windows
I suggest you try this out straight away.

Auricular wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:35 pm
No.2) I changed the document called .lmmsrc.xml. It is in .XML format and that's the file I changed specifically to fix it. I thought the LMMS I got was the latest version.
.lmmsrc.xml contains the settings and the recent projects list. You can just delete it and this will generate a brand new file.
Thank you so much for the suggestions! Everything works fine now. Pardon me for bothering you guys. :)

I didn't even know there was a new version of LMMS until I double checked the download section of the LMMS site... and you telling me about it.
Maybe later, I'll introduce myself and say hello again.
Auricular wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 am
Everything works fine now.
Thats great!
Pardon me for bothering you guys. :)
NP at all. Feel free to ask about anything, always :')
Maybe later, I'll introduce myself and say hello again.
Looking fwd to your music. As you can see a lot is uploaded on soundcloud, and presented in forum music-projects
viewforum.php?f=5