LMMS not installing?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there,

I only just came across LMMS whilst looking to expand my home music production.

I am currently running windows 10 on my PC and have downloaded the 64-bit stable version of LMMS, however once I has installed it and closed installation wizard the app won't actually run?

When I click on the icon it just asks me to reinstall even though I have done this a few times now, each time saying it was successful.

Can someone please help me get this app up and running so that I can start making music please?
Monkeyboy90 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Hi there,
Hi, Welcome to the forum Monkeyboy90 ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I am currently running windows 10 on my PC and have downloaded the 64-bit stable version of LMMS, however once I has installed it and closed installation wizard the app won't actually run?
I can think of two reasons:
1) you install as a user, but try to run lmms as admin - Eg the installation is for one user only -Try to install as Admin, and give all users rights

2) You are installing inside your WINDOWS folder. That is generally a bad idea, for all software! Ideally your OS should be completely isolated from all programs, because it makes finding errors so much simpler, and reinstalling a breeze. You also get the lowest amount of fragmented OS files.
Install lmms in an other folder, or a different partition.

Does any of these fit your issue?
If not, what is your OS ed. ? HOME or.. ?
Hi thanks for your help I think it was a combination of the below and that I had shortcutted the installation rather than the actual app but all is up and running now

"1) you install as a user, but try to run lmms as admin - Eg the installation is for one user only -Try to install as Admin, and give all users rights"

Cheers,
Monkeyboy90
Monkeyboy90 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm
Hi thanks for your help I think it was a combination of the below and that I had shortcutted the installation rather than the actual app but all is up and running now

"1) you install as a user, but try to run lmms as admin - Eg the installation is for one user only -Try to install as Admin, and give all users rights"

Cheers,
Monkeyboy90
Welcome to the forums Monkeyboy90. :)