[NOT solved ] MAC: problem with my midi keyboard

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I downloaded lmms today and I have quite a problem, I can't plug in my midi (worlde panda mini) to lmms. it does work on GarageBand but it doesn't on lmms. Every time I go to midi settings It doesn't show my keyboard, and then I get a notification that says ,,most changes will take effect only after rebooting lmms''. please help!
<edit> I also restarted lmms few times
You have to enable midi input on your instrument. Double click on your instrument in the song editor, that'll open up the instrument settings. You'll see a little tab with a keyboard on it, click on that. Enable midi input on there and choose your keyboard as a source from the drop down. Hope that helps.

More info:

https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI
The problem is that my keyboard doesn’t show anywhere in the program Not even in the midi settings, is this possible that the program doesn’t read my midi?
Ps
Program still show this notification about restarting a program
You should not be getting the restart message unless you are attempting to change what midi software It's using through the midi settings dialogue i.e. pulse audio, jack control whatever - your keyboard will not show in that dialogue because that's not what that is for.

To repeat you're likely NOT interested in that window at the moment. See what I posted above about going through the instrument dialogue instead - in there you will see your midi keyboard.

In the link I posted look at the section that is headed by "The MIDI tab" not the top one.

If you still have problems report back and I'll try and help :)
You talking about GarageBand makes me think maybe you have an Apple Mac? It helps if you provide information like that and also what version of LMMS you have.

If you are on a Mac and have loaded the "stable" version 1.1.3 then I guess you didn't read the release notes which say "MIDI controllers do not work on Apple (Please see bug #1153)".

You might have better luck with the Beta 1.2.0-RC5 version, I think I've heard that MIDI support is better on this later version but I don't really know, I can't stand Macs myself.

Steve
I use MacBook Air and I installed lmms 1.1.3 later I’ll install 1.2 beta. I hope it works
turbomattrix wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:36 pm
I use MacBook Air and I installed lmms 1.1.3 later I’ll install 1.2 beta. I hope it works
Correct, MIDI support on Apple is new with 1.2.0. If the beta doesn't launch, it's a problem with the 10.8 build only and you will need to wait for the next 1.2.0-RC6 release. Sorry about this!