Can we now copy and paste multiple segments?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
newsguy wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:40 am
it is not as easy as Reaper.
Could you elaborate a bit on that?
How is reaper easier than lmms?
Are there things in lmms that is confusing or very unintuitive ?
musikbear wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 pm
Could you elaborate a bit on that?
How is reaper easier than lmms?
Are there things in lmms that is confusing or very unintuitive ?
Yeah, maybe I should have said not as easy for me right now. When I was learning Reaper it was pretty intimidating at the beginning. It took me a loooooooooooooong time to get proficient. And I found I was like that with LMMS... just fumbling at the beginning but now am feeling more competent with LMMS and very happy about it.

I think it's the old.. are you an FLStudio type of person or a Reaper type? The way they work are different and it takes a certain mindset - and probably 'programming' of our neural pathways - to be able to compose fairly effortlessly in either.

There were Reaper people who just HATED FLStudio, and some say Reaper "sucks." So it's more about how your mind works and if we are willing to take the time to 'reprogram' it.

(I use FLStudio as an example because so many say that LMMS uses the same kind of logic/layout).

There are aspects I like about each DAW... too many to list. One thing I am adapting to with LMMS is the lack of audio editing in a sample track. Reaper is fantastic at editing audio and Audacity is okay as a substitute.

Reaper also allows you to put a sequencer like Megababy (with adjustable swing) before an instrument.

However, LMMS has all the filters, stacking/arps/scales, instruments, presets and samples so nicely included, which is not too well integrated (or just absent) in Reaper. And I can do swing manually in the LMMS midi editor, which I like a lot.

So as I say, it's an "apples and oranges" thing. I find LMMS inspiring but I'm still tempted to do my final mastering in Reaper. This time I'm hoping to master in LMMS. Different plugins, different systems. I find with LMMS I have to use my ears more and my eyes less. Maybe that's a good thing! 🙂
newsguy wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Yeah, maybe I should have said not as easy for me right now. When I was learning Reaper it was pretty intimidating at the beginning. It took me a loooooooooooooong time to get proficient. And I found I was like that with LMMS... just fumbling at the beginning but now am feeling more competent with LMMS and very happy about it.

I think it's the old.. are you an FLStudio type of person or a Reaper type? The way they work are different and it takes a certain mindset - and probably 'programming' of our neural pathways - to be able to compose fairly effortlessly in either.

There were Reaper people who just HATED FLStudio, and some say Reaper "sucks." So it's more about how your mind works and if we are willing to take the time to 'reprogram' it.

(I use FLStudio as an example because so many say that LMMS uses the same kind of logic/layout).

There are aspects I like about each DAW... too many to list. One thing I am adapting to with LMMS is the lack of audio editing in a sample track. Reaper is fantastic at editing audio and Audacity is okay as a substitute.

Reaper also allows you to put a sequencer like Megababy (with adjustable swing) before an instrument.

However, LMMS has all the filters, stacking/arps/scales, instruments, presets and samples so nicely included, which is not too well integrated (or just absent) in Reaper. And I can do swing manually in the LMMS midi editor, which I like a lot.

So as I say, it's an "apples and oranges" thing. I find LMMS inspiring but I'm still tempted to do my final mastering in Reaper. This time I'm hoping to master in LMMS. Different plugins, different systems. I find with LMMS I have to use my ears more and my eyes less. Maybe that's a good thing! 🙂
Thanks for clarifying 👍