LMMS 1.2.0 AppImage with Slackware64 14.2 full install

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am new to Slackware and am trying to get LMMS to run. I thought that the AppImage would be the best way to test the waters, but I get the following. I am unsure exactly where to start with this output:

Code: Select all

$ ./lmms-1.2.0-rc5-linux-x86_64.AppImage 
Carla does not appear to be installed.  That's OK, please ignore any related library errors.
/tmp/.mount_lmms-1Hx58NQ/AppRun: line 17: ldconfig: command not found
Jack does not appear to be installed.  That's OK, we'll use a dummy version instead.
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-username'
Notice: could not set realtime priority.
VST sync support disabled in your configuration
Cannot load library /tmp/.mount_lmms-1Hx58NQ/usr/lib/lmms/libcarlarack.so: (libcarla_standalone2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Cannot load library /tmp/.mount_lmms-1Hx58NQ/usr/lib/lmms/libcarlapatchbay.so: (libcarla_standalone2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Cannot load library /tmp/.mount_lmms-1Hx58NQ/usr/lib/lmms/libcarlabase.so: (libcarla_standalone2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[/etc/pulse/client.conf:26] Unknown lvalue 'allow-autospawn-for-root' in section 'n/a'.
[/etc/pulse/client.conf:26] Unknown lvalue 'allow-autospawn-for-root' in section 'n/a'.
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1030:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:867:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1030:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
/tmp/.mount_lmms-1Hx58NQ/usr/bin/lmms.real: symbol lookup error: /tmp/.mount_lmms-1Hx58NQ/usr/lib/libportaudio.so.2: undefined symbol: jack_client_open
After the output, LMMS just quits. Carla and Jack do not appear to be the problem from output at the top... possibly the inability to set a realtime priority or the ALSA lib pcm_dmix error Anyone have some ideas??
I think you need to show that output to a dev of lmms on discord.

The real time part you can ignore, the only way to get rit of that is to use a real time kernel.
I have that message on suse leap too.

I do have both carla and jack installed, but agree with you, that from the output, that does not seem to be the problem.

To me its looks there a soundcard related problem, but its well above my knowledge of this stuff.

I am wondering though. How do you start the appimage ?

I just double click the appimage file, ( after I have set it to executable )
Gps wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 pm
I think you need to show that output to a dev of lmms on discord.
Sooo devs don't follow the LMMS forum??? I tried to search for LMMS and Discord. Nothing came up. Must be a well kept secret.
Gps wrote:
The real time part you can ignore, the only way to get rit of that is to use a real time kernel.
I have that message on suse leap too.
Thanks.
Gps wrote:
I do have both carla and jack installed, but agree with you, that from the output, that does not seem to be the problem.

To me its looks there a soundcard related problem, but its well above my knowledge of this stuff.

I am wondering though. How do you start the appimage ?

I just double click the appimage file, ( after I have set it to executable )
It depends. In XFCE4, I use a panel launcher item (run program). If you have it in a /bin directory in your /home directory, it should be possible to get it in $PATH and use dmenu or rofi, but I am not the right guy to ask about getting things in $PATH as the need is rarely there, and I always forget how I did it :)
globetrotterdk wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:49 am
Discord. Nothing came up. Must be a well kept secret.
It is one of the links, you got in the 'welcome to lmms'
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740

However, go this way:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/new
Make sure you explain your issue with details, but short and concise!