Song editor data that cannot be deleted

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
it has happened a second time now for me, a track that has sections that cannot be deleted.
If i delete the song editor sections, they still play back, and if i save it & reopen , they re-appear.

I can open in piano roll & delete all notes, but this leaves a permanent section highlighted like when u click on a bar in song editor. these have no notes in them, but they are impossible to get rid of. i just move these to the very end of the track out of the way, which makes the renders longer than needed

First time it happened was in a 26 min track, so i thought it was the length of track perhaps, but now it just happens in a 15 min track. It is happening on a SID channel this time & seems to be happening to any further SID channel data i add in piano roll. Luckily ive already finished the whole channel....would have no idea what to do if not

Any suggestions? I did a few searches of forum & couldnt find any relevant threads, though admittedly im pretty useless at coming up with decent search terms
Update: my current track it is now happening to every channel! :D
Franny23dmt wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 pm
Update: my current track it is now happening to every channel! :D
I have heard about this issue, but never seen it
I would like to see the project
upload the project, AS MMP! -and send me the link as PM (just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear), i will take a look at it. If you do not care about copyright, you can upload the project right here, as an attachment, that everyone can see..

To Save as MMP:
* Open project
* File | save-as
* chose a name... 'xyzzxy.mmp'
press save
You can upload on any file-host like google drive
I will ofcause respect your rights

Also have you tried to
restart
your pc? -not sleep it !
musikbear wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 am
I would like to see the project
upload the project, AS MMP! -and send me the link as PM (just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear), i will take a look at it. If you do not care about copyright, you can upload the project right here, as an attachment, that everyone can see..
Thanks for the reply!

well, typical, both projects are fine now & the data removed when I tried. Just like when you take something back under warranty and it works in the shop :D
I did save the files like you asked however. Copyright...well I am a music publisher for 21 years, I know my rights heheh both these tracks will be on my album, but I don't mind people having access, they might even get a melody lesson if they care to :P lol jks

RAR file with both projects saved as mmp -->
https://mega.nz/#!YVdnyaTD!l1HLkStmA_sZ ... 5gqg3f1pVE

What is an mmp file BTW? like the purpose i mean. they are large compared to mmpz, yet when compressed they are small again? I'm curious :D do they include audio samples or something?

musikbear wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 am
Also have you tried to
restart
your pc? -not sleep it !
Never thought of trying this, the only time i have ever have needed to reboot on my setup was when I tried Bitwigs DAW, it permanently crashed the Linux audio system (both ALSA & Pulse) until reboot. I've never seen such a crash on Linux b4
Oh, & I reboot also when I update the system
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm
well, typical, both projects are fine now & the data removed when I tried.

Yes that IS typical! Its exactly like this, when this bug is to be examinated, then its g o n e
What is an mmp file BTW?
MMP is fully open XML code. It is in coherence with the openness of lmms, that not only the source-code is available for all, so is even the file-structure.
You can make file Operation on MMP-files.
I did that with this program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPaOva0ntzs
before it was implemented as a feature in lmms, much more can be done.

Never thought of trying reboot,
Oh you should! I never sleep my system.
The reasons are multitude, but most important is that i kill all cache data, from all apps, and simply has a clean responding system -And it saves power (for the greener word:)
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 am
MMP is fully open XML code. It is in coherence with the openness of lmms, that not only the source-code is available for all, so is even the file-structure.
You can make file Operation on MMP-files.
I did that with this program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPaOva0ntzs
before it was implemented as a feature in lmms, much more can be done.
hey that's rad :D i might have to look into it :)
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 am
Oh you should! I never sleep my system.
The reasons are multitude, but most important is that i kill all cache data, from all apps, and simply has a clean responding system -And it saves power (for the greener word:)
I never sleep or suspend and I dump cache sometimes via a command in terminal. which reminds me I have forgotten for ages to do this, too busy writing music ahahaha