Midi with split keyboard function

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
My keyboard is a Yamaha PSR E443. I’m using both the dual voice for right hand and split keyboard function for left hand. I am trying to get additional midi voices for both left and right hand but the split function seems to hinder this.

The Midi instructions for the keyboard seem very vague. I can’t find anything in LMMS to tell a particular channel and voice to use what ever part of the keyboard.

I play sound back to the keyboard from LMMS. Just to help you understand how I am playing with LMMS. That’s the keyboard as part midi controller using some voices in LMMS and pre-recorded tracks playing back through USB Midi at the same time.

Keyboard left: Grand Piano – would like Rhodes Piano from Midi to go with this.
Keyboard right: Grand Piano and CP80 – would like both Rhodes, Legend EP2 and vibraphone from Midi to go with this.

Any chance the above could be possible? I defiantly don’t want the vibraphone and legend EP to be heard in the left hand.

Another thing I’d really like to do is to mute some bars for a couple of those voices played live as midi controller. So that they turn on and off automatically.
I might have partly figured that one out. I recreated the voice track allocations. This time I did the following in the SF2 players:

* Digital Keyboard selected for Midi input and output for all.

* Vibraphone – Enable Midi Input – channel 1 – Output channel 1 and program 11.
* Tapped upper keyboard after setting this.

* Legend EP2 – As above this time Channel 2 for input and output and program 6.
* Tapped upper keyboard after setting this.

* Rhodes Right hand – As above with channel 3 for both and again tapped upper keyboard.

* Rhodes Left hand (with keyboard split) – Input selected but with no input channel number. Channel 4 for out put and this time tapped the lower keys after setting.

The midi function can be a bit temperamental. I think sometimes I don’t have to use a input channel at all and will still get sound for a midi voice I’ve selected.

This seems to be working. Just need to work out muting a couple of those voices for certain bars.
Thanks for sharing!
I believe this can be valuable info for users whom owns an advanced medi-kb.
I will add something to our WIKI.
I need to make a correction to this. I also managed to solve another issue I had.

Keyboard has up to three voices plus an drum beat.
No need to tap the keyboard when setting voices.
Channels 1 & 2 will work with main voice and dual voice.
Channel is 3 is for a split point - left hand voice.

A combination of any of those can be used. Left hand will not work unless channel 3 is used.

I can also use channel 10 and set keyboard for style out. Choosing the particular drums I want from the midi font file.
As midi voices for me come from midi voice group 0. Drums are from midi voice group 128.

It seems that extra voices can't be added with the remaining of the midi channels.

I looked at the song out feature on my keyboard where I can record up to six tracks. If I could get the play button on the keyboard to match play on LMMS. That would be great. There's something I rather use a guitar on my keyboard than from Midi. Over drive guitar needs something added to it like a second completely different voice to make it sound fuller.

Midi uses the second lot of voices on my keyboard called XGlite voices. They often sound like stripped back versions of the proper voices.