Audio slowdown/crackle?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've had LMMS for a while now, and never really had any problems with it. Recently, any audio whatsoever, whether its a project I've already created, a preset or a new project, the audio plays extremely slowly and distorted. It seems to be playing at about 20% speed with some sort of pulsating distortion as well as a whole lot of crackling. I'm only having this problem in LMMS, everything else works fine. I've tried reinstalling audio drivers, googling it, etc. and nothing works. I'm holding off on uninstalling and reinstalling to see if anyone else has any ideas or is having a similar problem. Thanks!

edit: the problem does not occur when projects are exported.

--jjmorgan020
jjmorgan020 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:31 pm
I've had LMMS for a while now,
But you are Welcome to the forum jjmorgan020 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

.I thought i had this emediately, but then you wrote:
edit: the problem does not occur when projects are exported.
That is confusing..
My guess is that you need to stop your pc completely, not sleep but turn-off. then wait a coupl of mins, restart.
Reason: a lot of digital-dirt builds up then machines are 'slept', in fact its a bad way to use, unless for one hour max.
Unless you dont sleep your system ...

Let us know
That's kind of what I thought, but I shut down my computer every night and have even done it several extra times to see if that's the problem, but nothing has changed.
jjmorgan020 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:38 pm
I shut down my computer every night and have even done it several extra times to see if that's the problem, but nothing has changed.
Autch.. not good..
That brings us back to this
Recently,
Have you done something 'Recently' to your system, like installed a new proggy, or maby (alas not rarely a problem) a game-demo?
Some demos, are made horribly, and can really harm things like sound.
Of-cause you have tried checking the Settings?
Maby you indecently have made a random click there?
Check up on that. Also lets have your total pc-specs.
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms sound device chosen
* a sound-file on soundcloud or a similar service
Best is to open the Demo-project-folder: //projects\cool_songs/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz and export that, then upload the file
* The name of theme