LMMS 1.2.0 RC5 not working in Windows 10

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I installed LMMS 1.2.0 RC5 in windows 10 Home, version:1709, OS build: 16299.402. But it won't work. When I click the LMMS icon, nothing happens. (Please note that LMMS 1.2.0 RC4 is working perfectly fine) Please help!
Jibin wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:44 am
I installed LMMS 1.2.0 RC5 in windows 10 Home, version:1709, OS build: 16299.402. But it won't work. When I click the LMMS icon, nothing happens. (Please note that LMMS 1.2.0 RC4 is working perfectly fine) Please help!
It works, but you have some issue.

First of all. Get a new pack!
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe

Remove current, and also remove the config-file:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings

Then how about these:

* Are you installing as admin? Do! -and grant all users access!
* Do you install inside your windows-folder? Dont!
Thank you! I figured out the problem. In 1.2.0 RC4, I was using "Port audio: WASAPI" as my Audio Interface (in audio settings). And then when I uninstalled RC4 and installed RC5, it did not work.

But, then I installed RC4 again. Then I changed the Audio interface to SDL, and then uninstalled it (RC4). After that I installed RC5 again. This time RC5 worked! But there is one problem: There is no option for "Port audio" in the Audio settings of RC5.
What could be the reason for the disappearance of the "Port Audio" option?
(I want"port audio" because it is significantly better than SDL, in terms of latency)
Thank you!
Jibin wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 pm
What could be the reason for the disappearance of the "Port Audio" option? it is better than SDL, in terms of latency)
Port-audio has been taken out, because it could lead to a crash in some situations. Also the new audio-backend, wil not natively support asio. asio has always been 'temperamental' to say at least - did you use asio?
You should definitively have better latency with sdl, than port..
What are your buffer-settings?
I have 4096/93, and it works perfectly - although, i do not have a midi-keyboard connected...
Its with midi-kb you have the latency issue, right?
Yes, I use a MIDI keyboard. And my buffer size is 192 frames and latency is 4ms. I tested both SDL and Port Audio (WASAPI) at 140bpm with Piano One vsti, and found that WASAPI was better than SDL, in terms of latency.
I also found out that, while exporting the songs at a sample rate higher than 44100hz, some tracks would get detuned (or their volume would decrease), while using SDL. But, no such problems were found in Port audio (WASAPI), while exporting at sample rates higher than 44100hz.
Jibin wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:52 am

I use a MIDI keyboard. And my buffer size is 192 frames and latency is 4ms. I tested both SDL and Port Audio (WASAPI) at 140bpm with Piano One vsti, and found that WASAPI was better than SDL, in terms of latency.
I also found out that, while exporting the songs at a sample rate higher than 44100hz, some tracks would get detuned (or their volume would decrease), while using SDL. But, no such problems were found in Port audio (WASAPI), while exporting at sample rates higher than 44100hz.

This look like port-audio still is useable in some circumstances
Could i ask you to make a post here :
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/new
Just copy your own quote into the new issue
I don't have a GitHub account, instead I have mailed the LMMS development team (sourcforge.net)