Terrible Noise playing in background When using Nescaline

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey guys! Whenever I'm using a few of the built in instruments, such as nescaline or freeboy, there is a constant distorted noise playing when a key is pressed. I'm using a Akai mpk mini for a midi controller. I've also uploaded a video for you guys to reference. Please help! This is so annoying.

:Video of the problem https://youtu.be/B61npduNMpE
I think it's the instruments itself that emulates old sounds. You have to learn how to use it and adjust some parameters. I can't help you because i don't use it,but maybe other users can. I can only suggest to use other instruments like 3osc that is really easy to learn and powerful, or zynaddsubfx or organic, watsyn, vibed..., but i also can understand you if you wanna make some old like gba or 16/32-bit games music.
sushibear wrote: ...there is a constant distorted noise playing when a key is pressed.
On Nescaline, turn down the volume of Channel 4 or switch the channel off completely (CH4 LED).
sushibear wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 pm
Hey guys!
Hi, Welcome to the forum sushibear !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Whenever I'm using a few of the built in instruments, such as nescaline or freeboy, there is a constant distorted noise playing when a key is pressed
Yes it because both instruments has a special noise-generator, and it is wrongfully default enabled.
Just as zonk said, in Nescaline it is CH4 that is the noise-generator.
In instruments, it is only annoying, but it is interesting if you try to make effects
in Nescaline, try this:
mute CH 1 2 & 3

In CH4 put
vol 11
freq 1
len 6
swp 4
set:
note, mode, env: ON

press kb c6 - you get what could be a laser arcade shot
press kb a4 - you get a 'picup coin' arcade sound

In Freeboy disable:
CH 1 (oneshot-effects)
and
CH4 (noise channel)
and you have a clean 8 bit output.
zonkmachine wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 pm
sushibear wrote: ...there is a constant distorted noise playing when a key is pressed.
On Nescaline, turn down the volume of Channel 4 or switch the channel off completely (CH4 LED).
I was going to answer after some tries with nescaline and freeboy but you were faster than me, lol.