Does compilation on windows still work?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I tried the instructions on the github wiki. msys_helper.sh seems to really want qt4, but ../cmake/build_mingw64.sh seems to really want qt5, despite giving it -DWANT_QT5=OFF.

When I then install qt5, cmake succeeds, but make craps out on missing perl modules. When I then try cpan blah::module, it installs in my local .cpan dir, and make/perl can't find it. When I then symlink it to /usr/lib/perl_something, it finds it. But some other perl modules crap out on: can't find sys/types.h (among others), which makes sense, because neither windows nor msys2 has sys/*.h files.

Is this the right place to ask? Or should I ask on github? Should I even attempt compilation on windows, or should I try a cross-compile for windows on, say, Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance.
roll wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:01 pm
I tried the instructions on the github wiki. msys_helper.sh seems to really want qt4, but ../cmake/build_mingw64.sh seems to really want qt5, despite giving it -DWANT_QT5=OFF.
Which version of lmms are you trying to compile? (master/stable-1.2)
I think QT4 has been removed completely from the latest master.

roll wrote:
Is this the right place to ask?
No. The coders hang out on Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/3sc5su7
Ask away in the #support channel there.

roll wrote:
Should I even attempt compilation on windows, or should I try a cross-compile for windows on, say, Ubuntu?
It's doable even though most (I think) cross compile on Linux.