How do you get a sample-track into the FX mixer?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, all going well - but I'm trying to set up all the tracks in a song in the FX-Mixer, and I can't for the life of me see how to assign a sample-track a channel.

Any clues? Can you even do this at all? Kindof need to really. For the mixer to work like a mixer.

Cheers

Nick
no you are right, unfortunate this is not posible. You can insert efxs directly on the sample, but that is the only option.
Br.
There's a little workaround:

Put the sample into the Beat+Bassline-Editor, klick one trigger to find the note for playing it in correcly speed and pitch.
Then open the Pianoroll and look for the little green marker that has been set. Delete this one and draw a long note.
So you are able to get samples (long samples, too) into a channel of the FX-Mixer :)

I know, it's tricky and not very compfortable, but it works.

hth
E.SoX
i think i find the solution. if it's an instrument, convert it in sample (audio file) and import this like midi instrument. in the piano roll, add a long note (which his size of the sample) AT THE GOOD KEY NOTE. it can be hard but it works : you can assign the sample track in a fx mixer channel :)
lesgo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:58 am
i think i find the solution. if it's an instrument, convert it in sample (audio file) and import this like midi instrument. in the piano roll, add a long note (which his size of the sample) AT THE GOOD KEY NOTE. it can be hard but it works : you can assign the sample track in a fx mixer channel :)
User, requesting you not to frivolously comment on ten-year-old topics with a fix that has already been submitted. Cheers.
lesgo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:58 am
Hi you are new so you dont know our rules yet :)
So Welcome to the Forum lesgo !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480