LADSPA Plug ins not working in renders

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Occasionally the Vintage Delay doesn't get included in the rendering output. If it happens, it doesn't matter if i delete the plugin & then add it again fresh ...if it fails it seems to fail forever. When it happens i use the feedback delay as alternative, though this also failed once & results vary, it is not suitable sometimes
I am using the Vintage delay like a tape delay on long time settings, to loop the tail of voice samples i use

Any suggestions?
Franny23dmt wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:58 am
Any suggestions?
Try putting a Waveshaper Effect in front of the delay and only set the Clip input control (LED) to on.
zonkmachine wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:29 am

Try putting a Waveshaper Effect in front of the delay and only set the Clip input control (LED) to on.
Thanks I will try this next time I get a problem.
One question, how the heck did you discover this combo, and what does it do? lol :D
The clipping limits the signal to between +/-1.0, which is just a precaution. Defective units can emit signals that are ridiculously high. Think infinity. When we render, lmms performs some extra tests and substitutes defunct signals with 0. Silence. This I think is what you're experiencing. Another issue that could derive from the same tests when rendering is loud noise through reverb units later in the sound chain. Really, annoyingly loud signals.

I know this because I've worked on fixing issues related to bad data in the signal chain and if what you're experiencing is related, then lmms-1.2.0-rc6 should fix this.