Sound suddenly disappears.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey, so i recently downloaded Lmms and had no problems with it, but then suddenly when i played one of my beats around 30 seconds in, the sound disappears but the beat goes on, but there's no sound.
even if i try to listen to instruments there's no sound. i have to restart it everytime to get back the sound.
anyone who has experienced the same and/or have a solution.
I'm on macbook
Brutusb wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:56 am
Hey, so i recently downloaded Lmms
Welcome to the forum Brutusb !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
sound disappears but the beat goes on
:: I'm on macbook
Dont think your MAC is the problem, but 'sound' is not just 'sound'.
I suspect you DO have 'sound', but nothing you can hear!
When we work with electronic-instruments, it is possible to create sounds, that are outside human hearing.
Check the visualize-window:
Its the gadget to the right over the CPU-monitor.
In the picture it is smack in the middle and inactive (no wave-shape).
I suspect yours to be almost glued to the bottom, and with almost no slope!
That is a absurdly low freq. sound, that could take minutes / oscillation -And IF you have that, it can be seriously bad for your ears!!!
It can happen, if inserted FX's 'clashes' and produce sub-oscillations
Look and tell us, if you have this
Brutusb wrote:
Hey, so i recently downloaded Lmms and had no problems with it, but then suddenly when i played one of my beats around 30 seconds in, the sound disappears but the beat goes on, but there's no sound.
even if i try to listen to instruments there's no sound. i have to restart it everytime to get back the sound.
anyone who has experienced the same and/or have a solution.
I'm on macbook
Wow! I agree. That is a weird problem.
Okay. What sounds, samples and instruments, or synths, did you use, to make the beat?

PS: Welcome to the lmms forums Brutusb.
Brutusb wrote:
...suddenly when i played one of my beats around 30 seconds in, the sound disappears but the beat goes on, but there's no sound.
This is a known issue and hopefully it is fixed in the next beta release of lmms-1.2.0, not yet released though.